Converting an esbstyp service to WSDL

Posted by Admin on 12-Aug-2008 23:35

Hi,

I am using Sonic 7.6 and a built in example located @ Sample.ESB\src\com\sonicsw\esb\samples\audit\Sample.AuditServiceType.esbstyp

When I open AuditServiceType.esbstyp --> go to --> Interface view --> select the option "To generate the WSDL for this interface, click here", I do get a WSDL file, I also find this URL in the WSDL to locate it - http://localhost:2580/process/Sample.AuditServiceType but when I use a browser to locate the WSDL file I get file not found error

I use the following URL

http://localhost:2580/process/Sample.AuditServiceType?wsdl

Server is running fine with no issues

My question is - Is there a way to expose java service type as a WSDL?

If Yes than HOW?

Can anyone help me to do this using the above mentioned example?

I guess I am missing something in the deployment process, I a new person to SONIC software.

Thanks for stopping by and helping me out

Bhavin

All Replies

Posted by rstanciu on 13-Aug-2008 06:36

After you have generated the interface and the WSDL , you have to upload your new ESB process

to the Sonic Broker. Deploy your process in a ESB Container (like dev_ESBTest),

restart the container and retry.

Posted by Admin on 13-Aug-2008 07:11

Hi,

After creating the WSDL file, I did the following

Right click the project and select Sonic --> Upload all

In my container view it shows in the deployed services list , but still I am not able to browse to my WSDL file (even after restarting the container)

Please check out the attached snap shot

Posted by rstanciu on 13-Aug-2008 07:31

I create a ESB process(1) and I create the interface WSDL (2), upload the process,

take the Management Console and deploy the process into a container ESB (3)(4).

Create a WS Invocation to test (5).

Posted by Admin on 13-Aug-2008 23:40

I am able to create and use WSDL interface from esbp the issue is with respect to java type services if I am not wrong then esbstyp projects

I tried the following example which comes with Sonic 7.6

BPEL Server sample project, Sample.BPEL, located at: sonic_install_dir\BPELServer7.6\samples\. (snap1.png)

After I expose the process as a WSDL, I am able to browse it in an external browser (snap2.png)

The same isn't true for java type services project where in I have used another builtin project i.e.

Sample.ESB\src\com\sonicsw\esb\samples\audit\Sample.AuditServiceType.esbstyp

After creating WSDL file, deploying it and restarting the container, when I try to browse it in browser I get no WSDL file, I have tried it on couple of other services also and have faced same issue

My requirement is to first browse successfully the automatically created WSDL file from esbstyp project in an external browser

Are you able to browse the deployed WSDL file created from an esbstyp file in an external browser?

Attaching some snap shots

thanks for all your help so far

Posted by rstanciu on 17-Aug-2008 23:14

I don't think you can expose a "ESB service type" as web-service. The ESB service type have to be

included into a ESB process, after that you can expose like I show you, as a web-service. Anyway you have to take the SMC(SonicManagementConsole) and to deploy your process into a SonicESB container.

Posted by Admin on 18-Aug-2008 00:24

Ok, I will try out your suggestions, thanks anyways

Posted by dmillman on 19-Aug-2008 08:31

The service type is typically not exposed as a web-service. The reason for this is that to expose as a web-service would require the service to manage the SOAP request and response. This is possible though and therefore the ability to generate the WSDL is in the tools as some customers expose existing web-service code directly on the ESB.

The suggested path is to create an ESB process for each WSDL to expose, this will contain the appropriate SOAP handling steps and also invoke the process and therefore service that defines the business operation.

HTH

David

This thread is closed