Deployment of the CAA in Sonic ESB 7.0 version

Posted by Admin on 20-Aug-2008 07:22

I have jms client which sends message to entry endpoint to Service deployed on 1 server. Same Service I also have deployed on another server 2 with same Entry End point . Anyhow , if Server gets failed , I would like to have sent message should reach to server 2. I used Replication Connection option in brokers .Do i need to configure any thing more to get the result ? how should fail server 1 ?

is there reference material to caa ?

All Replies

Posted by dmillman on 20-Aug-2008 08:07

When deploying in a CAA environment there are a couple of things that you need to do:

1) Configure a broker with a backup broker and replication channel.

2) The deployment of the service is not really an issue as the service's entry point is really on the broker, although a minimum of 2 instances should be deployed, where each instance is deployed on a different machine to ensure that if one machine goes down the service is still available.

3) Any process should be configured with a Quality of Service of 'At Least Once' or 'Exactly Once'

4) Any JMS Client should be configured with the URL List of the primary and backup broker and fault tolerant should be set to true e.g.

this.connectionFactory_ = new ConnectionFactory();

// Set load balancing on, so that the connection will be load balanced across the cluster

this.connectionFactory_.setLoadBalancing(LOAD_BALANCED);

this.connectionFactory_.setConnectionURLs(argURL);

this.connectionFactory_.setDefaultUser(argUsername);

this.connectionFactory_.setDefaultPassword(argPassword);

this.connectionFactory_.setFaultTolerant(new Boolean(true));

Posted by Admin on 20-Aug-2008 09:29

Can you please let me know how can make server 1 failed ? My two server are connected in LAN . Please specify cases in which I can test .

Posted by rotherma on 20-Aug-2008 09:48

CAA is covered in the MQ Deployment Guide - http://www.psdn.com/library/entry.jspa?externalID=2772. Start on page 185.

judy

Posted by dmillman on 20-Aug-2008 10:02

You can test the failover by shutting down one of the brokers (Ctl-C or through the Management Console) the other broker will switch to active and the clients/ESB Process will continue to run.

Posted by Admin on 22-Aug-2008 06:48

I stop the primary broker but now I am not able restart Domain Manager, i am getting following reason..

Configuration cache is locked if there is another container is using using cache you must shutdown that container before starting this container, otherwise remove the cache.lock file.

whats significance of cache lock file & how can i solve this problem?

Posted by rstanciu on 22-Aug-2008 07:08

if cache.lock exists that means there are another JVM session opened

or the Domain Manager has abnormaly shutdown.

Anyway, the configuration of a CAA is lite bit complicated.

In my opinion, if you dont wants to loose your time, the better ideea is to contact the

Progress Professional Services and to get the help of one Progress consultant.

He can put your environnement in CAA in a couple of hours, in place you have to read 100's of

documentation pages and spend a lot of time on forums.

This thread is closed