.NET to ESB Process

Posted by Admin on 28-Oct-2008 13:27

I've been trying to get a .NET client to talk to an ESB Process and haven't been having much luck. It is probably something simple I'm missing, but I'm new to ESB and haven't been able to figure it out so far. I'm using Sonic 7.6.

For simplicity sake, I'm testing with one of the precompiled .NET examples. I've been using the 'talk' .NET client.

In Sonic Workbench I've created an ESB Process named 'DotNetTest' and added a single Prototype service to it that simply replies to every input.

I've created SonicMQ queue Entry and Exit endpoints and configured the 'DotNetTest' process to use them.

When I run the .NET talk client I configure the client to send and receive on the queues that the ESB Process is using.

I know the .NET talk client works since I can start two of them and chat back-and-forth. In Workbench though, nothing seems to happen. I tried creating a scenario and running it and the .NET client doesn't see the output.

Can anyone give me some pointers as to where I might have gone wrong? I have a feeling that it has something to do with deploying the ESB Process, but not sure what it might be.

Ideally, if somebody has a pointer to some sample code or step-by-step instructions that would be great!

TIA.

Dave.

All Replies

Posted by jtownsen on 29-Oct-2008 03:15

When a scenario is run in the Workbench, the process's Exit Endpoint will be overwritten so that the output can be displayed in the Workbench Output view. That means that anything else listening on the default Exit Endpoint won't get the message, because it's not sent there.

The Workbench also simplifies the testing of ESB processes as they don't need to be deployed to a container. The flip side of this is that for something outside the Workbench to be able to use a process, it needs to be deployed in a running ESB container.

This thread is closed