Process and Endpoint

Posted by Admin on 02-Nov-2008 22:21

Hi there,

I have created a process and have had its entry and exit endpoints configured properly,

I don't know if this is the way but would like to if there's a better way of doing the following:

I have two separate clients calling the process via the entry endpoint and listening its exit endpoint,

I get the desired results when I run the clients separately,

However when I run them in tandem, I am worried that the results of the process would be commingled.

I can multiplex-demultiplex the message so that the result is sent to the desired client only, but that would add SOME overhead.

I would like to know if there is a better way to do this (REPLY the message to the CLIENT that invoked the process). I'm sure there's one

Thank you,

Mondi Ravi

All Replies

Posted by jtownsen on 03-Nov-2008 01:28

You should set the Exit endpoint to REPLY_TO. The following is from the Sonic Workbench Online Help...

Exit endpoint

An exit endpoint can be any type of ESB address (or list of addresses.) It is the configured last destination of an ESB process or service. The exit endpoint is typically configured as REPLY_TO, a specially named endpoint that uses as the reply to destination, the name set on the message that started the service operation or ESB process. The exit endpoint setting can be overridden by an ESB process.

This thread is closed