Problem with database service

Posted by jaspertaylor on 04-Nov-2008 15:43

Hello,

I am having a problem getting my database service. Here is the error I am getting:

ID=dev_ESBCore (severe) Trace follows...

com.sonicsw.esb.service.rdbms.DatabaseServiceException: Service call failed.

at com.sonicsw.esb.service.rdbms.DatabaseService.getConnectionFromPool(DatabaseService.java:737)

at com.sonicsw.esb.service.rdbms.DatabaseService.service(DatabaseService.java:704)

at com.sonicsw.xqimpl.service.debug.DebugServiceInterceptor.intercept(DebugServiceInterceptor.java:118)

at com.sonicsw.xqimpl.service.XQServiceChain$XQInterceptorServiceWrapper.intercept(XQServiceChain.java:481)

at com.sonicsw.xqimpl.service.XQServiceChain$XQInterceptorServiceWrapper.service(XQServiceChain.java:470)

at com.sonicsw.xqimpl.service.XQServiceChain.service(XQServiceChain.java:151)

at com.sonicsw.xqimpl.service.ServiceMessageHandler.callService(ServiceMessageHandler.java:413)

at com.sonicsw.xqimpl.service.ServiceMessageHandler.handleMessage(ServiceMessageHandler.java:182)

at com.sonicsw.xqimpl.service.ProcessMessageHandler.doHandleMessage(ProcessMessageHandler.java:308)

at com.sonicsw.xqimpl.service.ProcessMessageHandler.handleMessage(ProcessMessageHandler.java:90)

at com.sonicsw.xqimpl.service.XQDispatcher.onMessage(XQDispatcher.java:422)

at com.sonicsw.xqimpl.endpoint.container.EndpointContextContainer.onMessage(EndpointContextContainer.java:84)

at com.sonicsw.xq.connector.jms.JMSEndpoint$JMSEndpointListener.onMessage(JMSEndpoint.java:570)

at progress.message.jimpl.Session.deliver(Session.java:2998)

at progress.message.jimpl.Session.run(Session.java:2390)

at progress.message.jimpl.Session$SessionThread.run(Session.java:2775)

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:559)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:189)

at org.apache.commons.dbcp.cpdsadapter.DriverAdapterCPDS.getPooledConnection(DriverAdapterCPDS.java:162)

at org.apache.commons.dbcp.cpdsadapter.DriverAdapterCPDS.getPooledConnection(DriverAdapterCPDS.java:132)

at org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.InstanceKeyDataSource.testCPDS(InstanceKeyDataSource.java:711)

at org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource.registerPool(SharedPoolDataSource.java:188)

at org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource.getPooledConnectionAndInfo(SharedPoolDataSource.java:157)

at org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.InstanceKeyDataSource.getConnection(InstanceKeyDataSource.java:631)

at org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.InstanceKeyDataSource.getConnection(InstanceKeyDataSource.java:615)

at com.sonicsw.esb.service.rdbms.connections.DBConnectionPools.getConnectionFromPool(DBConnectionPools.java:293)

at com.sonicsw.esb.service.rdbms.DatabaseService.getConnectionFromPool(DatabaseService.java:729)

... 15 more

I also have attached the esbdb file. This thing is simple. It retrieve everything from a table created after a certain date.

Thanks,

Jasper

GetNewCertificatesOfProceeding.esbdb

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 04-Nov-2008 22:21

This seems to be an error with Database Driver Configuration!

Have you configured the DBService with the database driver needed by your database?

The Help Section in the IW might help you how to configure the driver for different data

Posted by jaspertaylor on 05-Nov-2008 10:57

Mondi,

I have configured for sqlserver using com.sonicsw.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver. I changed it to com.progress.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver and got an error that the driver was incorrect.

I am using a sqlserver 2000 database.

This is my driver

com.sonicsw.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

This is my connection

jdbc:progress:sqlserver://ittsqlcl001:1433;DatabaseName=IJIS

Thanks,

Jasper

Posted by Admin on 05-Nov-2008 21:58

Don't know if I have got the problem correct,

But I think there could be a couple of reasons behind your error,

Either your driver has not been loaded by the container or even if loaded the driver may not have been an appropriate one.

I would suggest you get a JDBC driver for SQL Server 2000 from the microsoft website explicitly and configure your DBService to use that driver.

I have attached a snapshot of driver I configured for my one.

Links:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4f8f2f01-1ed7-4c4d-8f7b-3d47969e66ae&displaylang=en

Posted by jaspertaylor on 06-Nov-2008 09:31

Mondi,

I got the sonic jdbc driver for sqlserver to work. I had to change the connection url to use sonic instead of progress. Still not working completely, but it is giving me a out of memory exception. I am currently restarting the domain manager on my local development machine to see if that works.

I'll keep posting if I have any more problems.

Thanks,

Jasper

Posted by jaspertaylor on 07-Nov-2008 11:16

Ok,

I got past several problems with the service. The new thing that I am having problems with is get the date format to be correct. I also noticed that the db service is using a 1998 xml schema file. That does not sound correct.

Here is the error I am getting specifically:

Caused by: org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.values.XmlValueOutOfRangeException: Invalid date value:

I tried changing to a 2001 xml schema, but it is still using the same 1998 schema. Screenshot is attached.

Is there a certain date format that I should use in my XML files?

Thanks,

Jasper

This thread is closed