Gettting started

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 11-Dec-2008 14:40

A couple of versions ago I got Sonic installed following some instructions in the AutoEdge doc, but in preping to install 10.2A FCS I decided it was time to get current in the hopes of doing some self-instruction and experimentation with Sonic. So, I got the 7.6 MQ and Workbench downloads from my PSDN SDK subscription and installed the workbench. Greg Higgins gave me some pointers, so I was all set, in theory, to supply all of my own configuration information, but then I found that it only asked for an install location and the communication port during the install. There is language in the manual that suggests that this might mean it is an Eval license, which annoys me greatly, but in the meantime I need to try to get what I have working.

I can start the Domain Manager. During the start up process there is a warning message "Management connect failur: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connectL tcp://citmh:23100" where citmh is the name of my box and 23100 the port I specified during install. But, then at the end of the messages there is a message which says Management connection established <Socket.port=23100.localport=4929]]]>>

So, does that mean all is fine or there is a problem?

When I try to start the Management Console and create a connection, I am not having any success ... in part because I don't know what it is expecting since I didn't have the opportunity to set the values. Where do I find out what it expects?

All Replies

Posted by fbe on 12-Dec-2008 02:34

The first (error) message you get is sort of 'standard' when starting the Domain Manager so do not worry about it (I think this is what you call a 'chicken and egg' problem). You get the connection message at the end so all seems to be well.

As for SMC, to connect you need the Domain Name of the domain where the Domain Manager is running (default = 'Domain1'), the connection url (which in your case is 'tcp://citmh:23100') and the username password if security is enabled (default = 'Administrator', 'Administrator'). You also need to set the connection name which is an id for this connection and can be anything you like. See the attached screenshot.

Are you getting an error when trying to connect?

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 12-Dec-2008 11:16

It was the default password I was missing. With that, all is fine.

This thread is closed