Sonic ESB Source

Posted by Admin on 18-Jan-2009 23:49

Hi,

I have transfered my project (Source Code) into a new computer.

What are the configurations to be done to bring the project into the state it was?

Thanks in advance

Waseem

All Replies

Posted by jtownsen on 19-Jan-2009 06:06

If you have only transferred the source code, you'll also need to configure the appropriate containers (MF & ESB), MQ queues, ESB Endpoints and ESB Service Type Instances.

Posted by Admin on 21-Jan-2009 22:55

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for the reply

I have used Deployment Export Tool to transfer my Projects. But MQ Brokers were not transfered. How can I transfer this and do we need to export directory service?

Thanks

Waseem

Posted by jtownsen on 22-Jan-2009 04:04

Okay, I've just re-read your original post and this looks like a one-off activity, not a regular thing. I though the question was directed at regularly sharing components between different developers.

For a one-off, you would be able to just copy the components to the same locations on the new machine, connect to the domain offline and modify machine names for acceptors, etc. This would of course completely replace the environment on the target machine.

If you want to export individual components like brokers or containers, you can do so by right-clicking on them in the SMC.

Sonic Deployment Manager (SDM) is another approach that can also be used to simply and repeatably create and update environments from development right through to production.

Posted by Admin on 23-Jan-2009 04:19

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for your response.

Waseem

This thread is closed