ESB JUnit Javadoc?

Posted by Admin on 04-Mar-2009 05:16

I am trying to create an esb junit test based on the sample provided by progress (\ESB7.6\samples\Sample.JUnit). However, I cannot find any javadoc installed on my system relating to the esb junit framework; the only documentation there is is in the pdfs provided (e.g. "Workbench Development Environment V7.6") and is seriously lacking.

In particular, I would like a description of the various scenario types:

Scenario Subinterfaces:

- ESBDBScenario

- ESBPScenario

- ESBWSScenario

- OrchestrationScenario

- XActionScenario

- XCBRScenario

- XQueryScenario

- XSLTScenario

The sample code suggests I have to use the appropriate Scenario type!!!!:

private Scenario scenario = new ESBPScenario() {//user has to create scenario of appropriate type

(We are using sonic 7.6)

All Replies

Posted by Bill Wood on 04-Mar-2009 11:43

In Workbench, you will see that different file types have scenario pages and let you run tests. Different file types have different 'wrapping' to enable the scenario.

If you are testing an .xslt file, you would use an XSLTScenaro.

If you are teestig an .esbdb file (e.g. Database service) you'd use the ESBDBScenario.

Similarly for ESBP (Itineraries), ESBWS (Web Invocations), Xaction (XML Server), XCBR (.xcbr routing files) etc.

Posted by sudhan on 05-Mar-2009 01:31

The javadocs for esb junit are at \tools\eclipse\plugins\com.sonicsw.tools.esb.junit_7.6.0\doc.zip .

This should be sufficient to help you write tests. If you face any problem, please reply and I will post more detailed info.

Also note that the docs section on OrchestrationScenario is not relevant as OServer is not supported from 7.6.

Posted by Admin on 05-Mar-2009 03:19

Thanks to both of you for your help.

This thread is closed