Is there any major difference betw Production version &E

Posted by Admin on 06-Mar-2009 00:05

Hi ,

I am calculating performance on evaluation version in terms of messages per sec .

please let me know that is there major significant in performance i would find if i switch from evaluation to production version of SONIC ESB ?

please do reply.

thanks

All Replies

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 06-Mar-2009 11:01

My understanding is that the technology in the two is the same, but the eval version has limited setup capabilities, i.e., not enough to use it for real work.

Posted by dmillman on 06-Mar-2009 11:06

They are essentially the same although certain configuration options are different between the two as well as a workbench deployment instead of a production installation, i.e. Intra-Container messaging is typically turned off in Workbench.

Posted by dmillman on 06-Mar-2009 11:21

If you are doing performance tests you should probably contact either Professional Services or your rep to help get the appropriate resources. There are a number of papers/presentations on psdn for this type of thing and the various tuning parameters that are possible.

Posted by Admin on 09-Mar-2009 02:07

thanks for kind reply.

currently in eval version, I saw that In a process with 10 steps and its each step is transformation service without XSLT,i get a single message in around 2 seconds to travel through a process.

I have created new Broker and new ESB Container under new MF container and set Intra_container messaging ON in oder to avoid networking between services and also increase the number of Listeners of processes.

would these configuration not make any sense performance-wise ?

Do you want to say that I would get much better response in production version than I get this in eval version ?

Posted by dmillman on 09-Mar-2009 07:28

The time it takes is going to be based on a number of factors, but at least make sure all the services are deployed in the same container, intra-container messaging is enabled and each service/process has the maximum number of listeners configured.

David

This thread is closed