Unable to find runtime parameters in code.

Posted by Admin on 12-Aug-2009 02:42

I have added a new runtime parameter to an existing sonic service, but when i try to access the parameter it does not exist. But if i change an existing parameter i can see the change, why is it not adding the new parameter. I have reloaded the containers and restarted the domain with no success. I am using sonic 7.5.

Please can you assist this is urgent

Thanks

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 19-Aug-2009 05:30

Is this a custom service or one of the services 'out of the box'?

Posted by Admin on 19-Aug-2009 07:36

Hi

It is a custom service.

I managed to solve the problem sorry i did not post the solution earlier i have just been really busy,

The problem occures when the sonic enviroment gets "corrupted" while running both the workbench and the management console for the same domain.

When i started using just the management console every thing started working, once i rebuilt every thing in the management console.

Posted by jtownsen on 25-Aug-2009 01:58

FYI, I always have both the SMC and Workbench open when doing development and have never run into any corruption caused by working this way.

Perhaps what you were seeing is the result of changing the Service Type parameters, but not re-creating the Service (Instance).  Whenever I change the interface of a Custom Service, I always delete all the Service (Instances) and re-create them.  This ensures that for example any initialisation parameters that are required, get a value applied to them.

Posted by Admin on 25-Aug-2009 02:49

Thanks for the assistance i will keep that in mind

This thread is closed