Web Service Invocation

Posted by Admin on 12-Aug-2009 08:01

I'm writing a Web Service invocation process to execute a CICS Web Service on an IBM mainframe, in my point to point application I use the service to pass the signon credentials (Userid and password), how do I provide those parameters to this service.

Also since we use the same WSDL in al the environments, we provide the Server Name and Port as a parameter on the machine config and not in the WSDL it self, how can I provide this information to this service ??

All Replies

Posted by Bill Wood on 06-Oct-2009 13:09

Assuming you are using Sonic 7.6, the properties for the Web Servcie Address (and I believe the username and password) can be used with Variable substitution.  In the ESB Process, find the Web Service invocation step and "open" it (to get to the Service tab).  The Custom property list shows the URL, username, password.   You want to 'Enable Variable Substitution' for these properties and then you can select to source the value either from:

• a property file in sonicfs
  • a header in the message.

See http://communities.progress.com/infocenter/index.jsp?topic=/com.sonicsw.tools.esde.doc/Reference/variable_substitution_syntax.htm for more information (or search for "Variable Substitution" in the Workbench Help")

This thread is closed