How to invoke an external Web Service from the Workbench pro

Posted by Admin on 24-Oct-2009 13:34

Hi All,

This is more a knowledge gathering exercise.

My project requires to accept an incoming request, initially route the request to an external WSDL link. Get and show the response after the action completion.

I have initially tested with an esb message in the branch "operation1" and it works but I now need the branch operation 1 to invoke the external WSDL. How the router can invoke the WSDL? I have it already deployed in a separate folder but I am unable to invoke it directly from the branch. It seems the ESB resources list doesn't show me the WSDL folder as resources available. I can drag and drop the WSDL into the router branch but I get an error.

Thanks.

Salvo

Sonic_Router.zip

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 25-Oct-2009 05:42

Post an other screen shot of the error "The required feature "script command" of "Script type 1.0" must be set.

Posted by Bill Wood on 25-Oct-2009 17:18

This is usually because you don't have the field "Command" set.  Are you dragging the .esbws to the step?

Posted by Admin on 29-Oct-2009 10:26

Thanks William,

via the answer you provided in http://communities.progress.com/pcom/message/22094#22094, I can drag and drop my WSDL invocation into the router branch, including the header with the authentication and cookie required by my Web Service. Unfortunately the scenario debug reports the error "URI$MalformedURIException", which I think is related to my previous problem and totally unrelated to the Sonic Workbench. So, I am temporarly stuck and I need to solve this problem first.

Salvo

This thread is closed