Communication between Sonic ESB and Websphere MQ

Posted by Admin on 25-Nov-2009 01:56

Hi,

I am trying to send message from sonic ESB to a queue in Websphere MQ. While starting the configured WMQ JMS Queue Sender off ramp service, It didn't start. Imported the required jar from websphere MQ to Below dir System/SonicESB/services/esb_wmq/1.1 and below are the file contents....

Primary connction Factory properties :

-------------------------------------------------------

Channel=ch1
HostName=HDDLNTDMT026
Port=1414
QueueManager=QM1
TransportType=1
UserName=
Password=

Connection Pool properties

----------------------------------------------------

MaxActive=5
MaxWait=0
MaxIdle=3
MinIdle=2
ExhaustedAction=1
TimeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis=1000
MinEvictableIdleTimeMillis=100000
SoftMinEvictableIdleTimeMillis=100000

Also I attched the configuration screen details. Please advice.

WMQ JMS Queue Sender Off-Ramp.JPG

All Replies

Posted by Bill Wood on 28-Nov-2009 07:46

I think you've already done this, but check out the documentation and samples at http://communities.progress.com/infocenter/topic/com.sonicsw.doc/ESB/wmq/intro_wmq_service.htm

Other than that, there is nothing obvious in what you are doing that looks wrong or invalid.  However, what is the error you are seeing?  I would also try restarting the container hosting the WMQ service to verify it is getting the latest settings and cache values for the jar files you uploaded.   I'd also check the container log for this container hosting the service for any additional information.

Posted by Admin on 08-Dec-2009 23:55

Hi William,

The error I am getting is " Unable to start MQSender from dev_ESBCore ".  MQSender is my service Name.

Thanks

Ramesh

Posted by Admin on 18-Dec-2009 08:51

My first question would be whether you copied the WMQ jar file into the CLASSPATH or changed the CLASSPATH to reference the jar file in the installed location.  In the latest version, the WMQ jar file manifest references several other jar files.  So you need only the one jar file in your path but it needs to be able to find the other ones that it references.  It is very common that the jar files will be copied but the dependencies are not accounted for.  Please see the "Environment Variables" chapter in the WMQ V6.0 or WMQ v7.0 Infocenters, as appropriate for your version.  Make sure you can run the Initial Verification Test (IVT) before moving on to configure the ESB.

Also, the current WMQ client version is compatible with v6.0 or v5.3 queue managers but it has been rewritten for performance and has incorporated some bug fixes.  Among other improvements, only one jar file to reference in the CLASSPATH so it is simpler to use.  I would recommend using the current WMQ v7.0 client in all cases, even if it is connecting to a back-level QMgr.

Regards,

-- T.Rob

This thread is closed