File Pickup inside ESB Process not working as expected (ESB

Posted by Admin on 22-Dec-2009 08:21

Hi all,

I am using a File Pickup Service which is polling for Files in a directory.

This works fine- if I put a file in the corresponding dir, the service picks it up.

However, I put the File Pickup Service in an ESB process where in the next step i use an OpenEdge Native Service to call an Appserver program (which should process the picked up fiile).

Unfortunately, the Message from the pickup service does not go to the input Endpoint of the OE Native Service. Instead the Message is always put into the Exit Endpoint that I specified for the pickup Service.

When I put the File pickup service in one Process and the OE Native Service in another, and then specify the Entry Entpoint of the OE Native Process as the Exit Endpoint of the File pickup process everything works.

Ist this expected behaviour or am I doing something wrong...?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Mike

All Replies

Posted by Bill Wood on 22-Dec-2009 09:39

I believe this is expected behavior for a Polling File Pickup.

Basically, the file polling is getting documents and then sending them to a Process (You can specify the process and not just the endpoint for the polling).  That is, technically, the polling is not part of the process.  There is a use of the File Pickup (or File Dropoff) as part of a process, and that is when the process goes to the service and picks up a file.  But this is not a 'polling' action.   When you trigger file pickup by a polling action, then it can start a process, but not be part of the process.

Posted by Admin on 22-Dec-2009 10:22

Thanks for clarifying! And for the hint on specifying a process instead of an endpoint. that makes it a little more "straight forward".

Set it up like you suggested and it works fine!

This thread is closed