Sonic MQ and ESB Install

Posted by asethi on 08-Feb-2009 07:45

Hi,

I am trying to install Sonic MQ 7.6 on 2 machines, primary hosting Domain Mgr,mng broker and msg broker ..secondary machine with msg broker & container install point to primary Domain manager. Here's my few Questions..

1)I would like to know if we can create backup broker after the install in mutual failover design, like servers are holding each others backup brokers?

2) How to externalize the directory service pointing to external database like (oracle), or its always embeded in file system?

3) We have similar scienro for ESB container install as well, where we have each server holding ESB container with different name ..we want this containers also to participate in HA architecture..?

thanks for help

A

Message was edited by:

Message was edited by:

All Replies

Posted by Bill Wood on 13-Jan-2010 13:19

asethi wrote:

2) How to externalize the directory service pointing to external database like (oracle), or its always embeded in file system?

The Directory Service is not something that can use an external database.  If the issue is replication, then you want to use CAA Directory Servers (where messaging is used to backup Primary-to-Backup D.S stores.

You can always put the DS on a shared drive as well (but then you'd manually startup the backup).

This thread is closed