need Sonic MQ JMS Client

Posted by Admin on 13-Oct-2008 10:13

Friends:

I have to connect to Sonic MQ JMS Server from a J2EE App Server (GlassFish). Do I have to necessarily buy any product from Sonic or is there any free JCA Resource Adapters or JMS Client library that I can use?

Thanks

Just as database vendors provide free JDBC drivers I was wondering if Sonic offers something similar for its MQ product.

All Replies

Posted by rstanciu on 13-Oct-2008 10:57

Sonic JCA Adapters are provided only for: JBoss,WebSphere and WebLogic,

there is no JCA adapter for GlassFish.

To connect a JMS Sonic client to the SonicMQ server, as I known !?,

there is not necessary to buy a Sonic licence.

You'll need just to copy same libraries from the SonicServer installation path.

This is a list of jar's, but normaly, for a basic usage you need only "sonic_Client.jar".

You can ask the SonicMQ Server administartor guy to give you, is better, because,

you will need to you JMS/Client to have the same version as the SonicMQ server.

core.jar

jndi.jar

mfcontext.jar

mgmt_client.jar

mgmt_config.jar

sonic_Client.jar

sonic_Crypto.jar

sonic_mgmt_client.jar

sonic_XMessage.jar

Posted by Admin on 11-May-2009 03:30

Hi  i wanted to know if a free or evaluation version of SONIC JCA adaptor is available for JBoss ?

also if we use only the client libraries we cannot use connection pooling and JNDI functionalities an application server provides. IS there any way we can use these features without using the SONIC JCA adaptor ?

Posted by Bill Wood on 06-Feb-2010 10:53

vandana_awat wrote:

...also if we use only the client libraries we cannot use connection pooling and JNDI functionalities an application server provides. IS there any way we can use these features without using the SONIC JCA adaptor ?

For JNDI functionality, that is independent of JCA.  You can create and use any JNDI object in the non-JCA client libraries.

For connection pooling, you can't use the AppServer pools, but you can make your own.

This thread is closed