Sonic Management Console Hanging on Broker->Queues->Pr

Posted by Admin on 22-Mar-2010 15:21

Our management console is hanging whenever we click no Broker->Queues->Properties.

I've reinitialized the storage, cleared the queues, etc.  And still can't get to the Queue properties.

Any ideas?

-brian

All Replies

Posted by Bill Wood on 23-Mar-2010 05:31

Can you do it on another machine?   If SMC on Machine A can see the Queues on a Domain on Machine A, then try having:

• The SMC that is failing -- try connection to the Domain on Machine A.
  • Then try SMC on Machine A and connecting to the Domain that is not working.

That should help narrow it down.

boneill421 wrote:

I've reinitialized the storage, cleared the queues, etc.  And still can't get to the Queue properties.

This would have not have been the issue.  The Broker storage is for active queues and does not in fact get queried at all from SMC.  SMC only affects the 'configuration element' in the DS (at least on the Configuration Tab).  That is, you can create Brokers and Queues, manage their configuration, and see them in SMC even if the broker is not running (or has not been installed).

If you create a NEW BROKER configuration, can you see the Broker > Queue > Properties for that broker.

(My guess is that you might have an SMC issue, but the above tests should help narrow it down).

Posted by Admin on 23-Mar-2010 09:32

How's this for a crazy one....

I was running th SMC on my laptop.  Sometimes I have a second screen connected, but didn't at this point.  SMC must be saving off screen positions or something, because it was placing the popup box off the screen so I couldn't see it!  And since it was a modal box, everything else appeared to be hung!

I ran some testing, and nothing I could do within settings could bring the box back to the main screen.  I had to physically connect a monitor and drag the box back to the main screen.

looks like a bug that SMC may want to take al look at.

-brian

Posted by Bill Wood on 23-Mar-2010 09:39

Ah, yes.... That has happened to me.

I recall that the settings for SMC are stored as Java preferences.   If you look under the Registry for the following, key, then you can just delete the whole tree.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs\com\sonicsw\ma\gui

or

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs\com\sonicsw\ma\gui\window  (for just window and dialog positions)

Alternately, I've done the following:

Alt-Spacebar

M

(until the window came back)

This thread is closed