How to change the default Sonic domain (Domain1) during the

Posted by Admin on 04-May-2010 05:17

I am currently looking for a way to change (or fill in) the Sonic domain name I prefer in stead of the default domain name (Domain1), during the installation of the Sonic Workbench Software.

When you install only SonicMQ, you are able to fill in an alternative Sonic domain name.

When you install the Sonic Workbench, SonicMQ software will be automatically installed too, but without this option.

In the Progress Knowledge Base, there is a document available to change the domain name afterwards (ID: S2220 - Title: "Changing the Default Domain Name from 'Domain1'), but I prefer to do it during the installation.

Does anyone has any experiences doing this?

Thanks in advance for all your information.

Regards,
Michel

All Replies

Posted by tsteinbo on 10-May-2010 06:15

Michel,

that is not possible for a workbench installation.

What is you use case for requiring it?

Thomas

Posted by Admin on 10-May-2010 06:23

In the Test en Production environment, we use a different domain name than the default Domain1.

It is just a 'nice to have' configuration to use this same domain name in Development environment too. It is not required.

There is a way to change the domain name afterwards. Is there any reason not to do this?

Thanks for your respons.

Michel

Posted by tsteinbo on 10-May-2010 06:31

The only things we support is establishing the domain name at creation time. While you can change it afterwards it is not something we would suggest.

Creating new domains for test, acceptance, prod or dr environments is an easy thing to do using e.g. SDM. And I guess each of these environments will have different domain names too, right?

So why not live with the fact that WB requires Domain1 and you have to fix it up while moving from one environment to the next. IMO, just one of many tailoring tasks.

My 2 cents

Thomas

This thread is closed