Too many temporary queues in Advertised Global Queues?

Posted by bjorn_kroghrud on 15-May-2010 18:48

In a cluster of two brokers (each having backup brokers) Advertised Global Queues on SMC shows too many temporary queues.I say too many, because SMC hangs when listing the thousands (there must be) of temporary queues. The queues seems to originate from an ESB container running only services (no processes). Why are these temporary queues created and why are there so many? Could this be related to the cluster? When does ESB containers create temporary queues - all endpoints have Destination Type set to Queue?

TIA

All Replies

Posted by tsteinbo on 17-May-2010 10:13

Temp queues are typically used for request/reply scenarios. E.g. we use them we you perform an endpoint.call to be able to wait for the reply. They are also used by the broker for HTTP acceptors in request reply scenarios.

Can you tell us a bit more about your use cases? Can you also post some names of the temp queues so that we can associate them with their origin (esb/broker).

Thomas

Posted by Bill Wood on 19-May-2010 13:20

What version and build is this?   I recall an issue with this in Sonic 7.0 related to Temporary Queues in a Cluster not being purged from the display.  I think this was fixed in build 183 (or higher) [for SonicMQ] in Sonic 7.0.2 (for those with access to Progress' internal database, I am refering to SNC59751)

This thread is closed