How to get the number of queued Messages in a Sonic MQ queue

Posted by Admin on 15-Nov-2010 11:03

Hello to all, and thanks in advange by your support.

We are stating to use Sonic MQ 7.5, and we need to monitorize the number of queued Messages in some Queues, in order to integrate whit our Monitoring System, we have Sonic on a Solaris 10 box.

The idea is generate graphs per every important queue, and define thresholds that sends alerts in case of queuing

All Replies

Posted by mnair on 15-Nov-2010 11:38

Hi Pedro,

You can get this information using the Runtime API. The MQ Administrative Programming guide has details.

Relevant classes are:

com.sonicsw.mq.mgmtapi.runtime.IBrokerProxy
com.sonicsw.mq.common.runtime.IQueueData

The queue size is also available via the queue.messages.Count metrics.

Thanks

-Mahesh

Posted by Admin on 15-Nov-2010 12:00

Thanks Mahesh.

These are java classes ?

I'm a unix administrator, there's a way to get the number of messages queued, from a command line inside a ksh script?.

From where we can download these guide (MQ Administrative Programming guide)

Thanks in advantage.

Posted by Admin on 16-Nov-2010 10:30

I see that:

http://j2ee-wg.web.cern.ch/j2ee-wg/SonicMQ50/sonicmq_docs/mgmt_api/com/sonicsw/mq/common/runtime/IQueueData.html

From where can i download the Sonic Management API?, I am going to make my first java program .. I hope it doesn't be very difficult

Thanks in advantage.

Posted by kjervis on 16-Nov-2010 10:39

Hi Pedro,

Sonic documentation can be downloaded from the following link:

http://communities.progress.com/pcom/docs/DOC-16131

Can you clarrify what you mean by "download the Sonic Managment API"?

The magament library containing the implementation of the Sonic Management API is included in the lib directory of the product installation.

Kind regards

Kevin

Posted by rrudis on 16-Nov-2010 10:44

These APIs are part of the product, no need to go to an outside source.  Also, you will see that there are javascript samples if you prefer to use that rather than java.

Posted by mnair on 16-Nov-2010 10:45

We do not provide any scripts out of the box for this. You can write code in java or javascript and then figure out the best way to include these from your scripts.

Thanks

-Mahesh

This thread is closed