Difference of Sonic ESB Remote Site Suite to Sonic ESB

Posted by Robert-Prediger on 05-Jan-2011 08:42

Hi,

I am looking for details of the difference of Sonic ESB and Sonic ESB Remote Site Suite.

And if Remote Site Suite still exists in Sonic 8.

Are there any specifications about Remote Site? White papers or whatever. I didn't find anything about it. 

I have to send something to my customer today.

So I am happy for all docs or hints someone could give me.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

Robert Prediger

All Replies

Posted by rrudis on 05-Jan-2011 08:45

The Remote Site Edition is no longer offered as of Sonic 8.0.

Posted by Robert-Prediger on 05-Jan-2011 08:50

Hi Ronald,

ok. 

On client side there should be one central ESB.

The client has about 100 buildings with different services around Europe.

We planned having a Remote Site Suite in every center to be a little bit independent of the central ESB.

So how could we handle "remote sites" in Version 8?

Is there something similar to it?

Best regards

Robert Prediger

Posted by rrudis on 05-Jan-2011 08:58

Remote Site Edition was a license limited deployment - limiting the number of JMS connections and IP addresses that could connect to a broker.  All 'remote site' functionality is still available in Sonic 8.0, the only thing that has been removed is the SKU for the product license that enforced the connection limits.

Posted by Robert-Prediger on 05-Jan-2011 09:04

Hi Ronald,

ok, sounds better now. 

But I am not sure what it does mean in detail:

In version 7 I had to order, let's say 1 Sonic ESB Enterprise Suite and 30 Sonic ESB Remote Site Suites.

So what would I have to order for version 8?

Is it a complete different model now? Is it integreated in one of the products now?

Thanks in advance!!!

Best regards

Robert Prediger

Posted by rrudis on 05-Jan-2011 13:34

When you say "We planned having a Remote Site Suite in every center to be a little bit independent of the central ESB" I assume that you mean that you will have Sonic ESB Containers connecting to one or more SonicMQ brokers deployed at each remote site.  Some variables to consider will be whether you will have a central Domain Manager or one at each remote site, whether you want a CAA configuration, whether you need a cluster of brokers at either the remote sites or the central site, etc.  A minimal configuration would seem to be:

Central Site

1 - Sonic ESB Continuous Messaging

1 - SonicMQ Messaging

1 - Sonic ESB Container

Remote Site

1 - SonicMQ Messaging

1 - Sonic ESB Container

This thread is closed