Response file for creating messaging brokers

Posted by edbroach on 06-Jan-2011 09:47

I am trying to install sonic 8 (in silent mode) using response file. I was able to create the Domain Manager and Mgmt broker, but not other containers and brokers.

In previous version of sonic (7.6) it was possible to create Management Containers/Brokers AND Messaging Containers/Brokers in a single (response file) install.

But in version 8 of sonic installation, there is no way to create Containers/Brokers other than DomianManager.

I was able to use .setup file to create another container, but I am unable to find out how to create a databroker and assign it to the created container.

There is no help in documentation.

All Replies

Posted by rrudis on 06-Jan-2011 10:26

Correct, there is no option in the Sonic 8.0 install (neither silent nor GUI) for creating a broker.  In 8.0 you would install a launcher, which optionally allows you to create a MF Container to be launched (see Chapter 4 'Setting up Containers' of the Sonic Installation and Upgrade Guide 8.0).  You can create a broker to run in the container either 1) programatically via the Config API, 2) manually via SMC, or 3) via a SDM model.

Posted by edbroach on 11-Jan-2011 13:16

I still cannot create container in the sonic install directory.

I cannot run install_container_launcher.exe in the sonic install directory (in the same machine). I get error "Invalid Installation Location: Path already contains Sonic Container Launcher files. Enter another installation location".

Should I install in another location, so that now I have Sonic installation and SonicLauncher installation ?

Posted by rrudis on 11-Jan-2011 13:28

The installation of the DM includes the installation of the launcher component, I was assuming that you wanted to install a container and broker to run on another host..  If you want to run another container from the DM install see the information in the Installation and Upgrade Guide related to creating a setup file and runtine the Container Setup utility.

Posted by sk185050 on 12-Jan-2011 01:41

Can try after removing the registry entry that may be entered when you installed first.

This thread is closed