Over-riding A Sonic v7 Web Service Invocation URL

Posted by cwiseman on 11-Feb-2011 11:37

Can anyone help?

I don't seem to have access to the hotfixes yet for the SonicConnectService outbound URL override capability and need to implement a dynamic URL outbound WS call in the meantime using the v7 WS Invocation Service Step.

I'm having a dog of a time in documentation or the forums finding the pieces on over-riding the outbound URL but feel I have come across it before for the v7 Web Service Invocation.

Thanks in advance.

All Replies

Posted by mnair on 11-Feb-2011 11:56

Hi Chris,

When you double click on the Version 7 webservices step you will see a provision to add additional Command Parameters. Click on the 'Default' node, check the box next to 'WSDL Port Address URL' and you will then be provided with a widget that helps you provide an expression for overriding the destination URL.

http://sonicweb/Doc_Team/portals/SOA/V8.0.1/Docs8.0/online_help/seven_ws.pdf ..

.. has some details on the WSDL Port Address URL parameter.

Thanks

-Mahesh

Posted by tgrijpma on 11-Feb-2011 12:27

Also it is possible to use system properties together with the solution Mahesh described.

Using system properties can help you not define the url on process level but on MFcontainer level.

See attached pdf file for more information. Also system properties can be used from xslt.

Thanks,

Tako

Posted by rrudis on 11-Feb-2011 12:52

Not sure whether the patch has been posted to ESD yet, but it has been released from QA.  It is SonicESB patch id 8.0.1.01.

Posted by cwiseman on 11-Feb-2011 13:33

Mahesh,

Is this as simple as setting a message header property named "WSDL Port Address URL" on the message passed into the WS Invocation Step and populating the property value with the string representing the URL you wish to consume, i.e. http://some_host:some_port/some_web_service ?

Thanks.

Posted by cwiseman on 11-Feb-2011 13:33

Thanks Ronald.

Posted by mnair on 11-Feb-2011 13:58

Hi Chris

If you are setting the URL override value in the message header then you should use this message header in the expression for the 'WSDL Port Address URL' command parameter. The PDF that Tako sent has an example of a System expression; in this case you will need an XQMessage header expression. The 'Variable substitution' dialog will help you create the expression.

Thanks

-Mahesh

This thread is closed