How to import a POJO into a Sonic Connect project?

Posted by johnhollister on 04-Apr-2011 17:18

I want to invoke a hosted JAX-RS POJO from a process. So, first I created a POJO with JAX-RS annotations in a Java project. I then created a separate Sonic Connect project and attempted to import the POJO jar file using the Sonic Connect Editor in Workbench, following the steps in the guide. However, when I point the Resource Implementation field to the jar, I get the "red ball with X" message: "Select a Jar file with JAX-RES POJOs" and can't complete the import. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? I'm using Sonic 8.01.

All Replies

Posted by stilak on 05-Apr-2011 02:14

Hi John,

The error you have mentioned will come up when the tooling is unable to identify any JAX-RS annotated POJOs inside the specified Jar file.

The error here might be either that the jar does not contain any valid JAX-RS annotated POJOs or you have built the Jar using Java runtime version other than 1.5. For example, if you have built the jar using Java 1.6 , we will not be able to identify the JAX-RS annotated POJOs, since the Tooling is build on Java 1.5.

However, please do attach the Jar file you used; I can have a look at it and let you know what is the actual issue.

Posted by johnhollister on 05-Apr-2011 14:02

Hi Sai,

That solved my problem. I set the pojo project properties to use java 1.5 compliance, rebuilt, and was able to add the jar to my Sonic Connect project.

Thanks - John

This thread is closed