Tutorial? How to fetch with FTP and call a webservice...

Posted by Admin on 27-Jan-2010 07:07

Hi,

I am totally new to Progress Sonic ESB and currently struggling with Workbench.

I would like to achieve the following:

- A file is retrieved at regular intervals from an FTP server
- The file is checked on format (EDI, CSV, etc.) and converted to xml accordingly.
- The file is transformed to a format (EnvelopeHolder) that can be serialized by my webservice
- The file is routed to operation "InsertEnvelopes"
- The LogiGate webservice is called with the file's XML content as SOAP parameter

Are there any good tutorials to help me on my way? Or is there anyone that could get me a kickstart?

Thanks in advance,

Fedor Steeman

All Replies

Posted by l4ky on 27-Jan-2010 21:46

- A file is retrieved at regular intervals from an FTP server
I think u can use filepickup which pooling to the FTP server.
- The file is checked on format (EDI, CSV, etc.) and converted to xml accordingly.
For this u can solve it by
1. create a custom service type, in purpose for converting to XML.
2. Or create a route step and a process for each conversions.

Thank's
Uq

Posted by Admin on 28-Jan-2010 04:25

All right, thank you.

Question: How do I get FilePickup to Fetch from an FTP server. I can see one can only specify local directories?

Thanks in advance,

Fedor Steeman

Posted by Admin on 28-Jan-2010 07:02
Posted by Bill Wood on 28-Jan-2010 07:10

The Sample that most matches is the Sample.B2RT.  You can find more in the Eclipse Help in the Tutorial Section

Progress Sonic ESB Product Family: Developer's Guide > Progress Sonic ESB Samples and Tutorials > Batch to Real-time tutorial

(It is available online at: http://communities.progress.com/infocenter/index.jsp?topic=/com.sonicsw.doc/ESB/tutorials/b2rt.htm)

Posted by Admin on 28-Jan-2010 08:19

Nah... No mention of FTP fetch...

Posted by Admin on 28-Jan-2010 08:24

Thanks. That is a very good tutorial. However, there is no mention of file fetch using FTP which is the most essential part of the process.

I did find a  FTP Connector ESB Service plugin: http://communities.progress.com/pcom/docs/DOC-36808;jsessionid=5AB58396F62709DAD9F44595DCBFE05D

But I have no idea how to apply it and embed it in a process.

Cheers,

Fedor

Posted by Bill Wood on 28-Jan-2010 08:50

The FTP connectivity is not part of the Sonic ESB product.  If you want to ask about 'how-to' for something in Communities, you might want to go to that document javascript:; and write a "Reply" there asking for more information.

I don't know if anything like that exists.... It really depends on the person that wrote and uploaded the service.

The particular one seems to be one that is exposed as an Eclipse project.  I am guessing you import it into Eclipse and then do an Upload all.

Posted by Admin on 05-Apr-2011 23:16

Hi Fedor,

I have recently started using the Progress Sonic Workbench and I too am facing the same problem that you had - file fetchig via FTP.

Were you able to get the files to be fetched using FTP? I went through the B2RT sample but was unable to find anything related to it.

Could you please let me know how you managed to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sushanth

Posted by shekhar kumar on 09-Feb-2017 04:03

Hi... Sushanth.. was the issue resolved... what was the resoultion

This thread is closed