Where can I find information about Sonic CORBA adapter?

Posted by memento13 on 10-May-2011 16:27

Hi,

I need to make several calls from ESB to different backend systems implemented in CORBA. But can't find any information about Sonic ESB Adapters. Is CORBA adapter sold separately? Where can I find more information about it? Is there a trial?

I could wrap needed functionality with web services, but this loses a little bit the point to use ESB afterall.

Thanks.

All Replies

Posted by rrudis on 10-May-2011 16:41

See the CORBA  Adapters section at http://web.progress.com/en/sonic/adapters-sonic-esb.html.

Posted by memento13 on 11-May-2011 02:46

Yes, have read that, but not much information available there.

Posted by Dion Picco on 11-May-2011 11:53

Hi Romet,

The strategy I see most often deployed is to put an intermediary process in front of the CORBA servers that accepts inbound WS calls from clients and mediates outgoing CORBA calls to the backend servers.  That is the least disruptive to the existing CORBA infrastructure already deployed and works very well for cases where you might have AMI callbacks for example.

In your case, can I ask a few more questions about what you are trying to achieve?  Is it a Sonic itinerary calling out to a CORBA server for example, or something more specialized like bridging JMS to CORBA Event Service/Notification Service?  Some pieces of info that would help me propose the best solution would be:

- CORBA server type (e.g. Orbix, Orbacus, JacORB, etc)

- use-case setup (client calling processes, preferred architecture, CORBA services in use, SonicMQ vs ESB, inbound vs. outbound, etc)

Cheers.

--Dion

Posted by memento13 on 13-May-2011 02:28

CORBA Server: Visibroker 7 (CORBA 2.6)

We only need to call business logic in CORBA from ESB. There's no call-back or anything else more complicated, these are handled using other mechanisms.

This thread is closed