Noob Question regarding deployment and File Drop service

Posted by mvellon on 12-Jul-2011 19:41

I am new to ESB (trial period) so pardons if this is obvious to others:

In the Workbench, I have defined a very simple process that simply uses the File Drop service to copy the incoming XML into the file system. I test this with a file-based imput scenario and it works. Now, what I want to do is to deploy this simple process, connect to it with a JMS application, write some XML to it and see that it's appearing on disk.  Here's what I've done:

1. Create a new endpoint with a specific JMS topic.

2. Write the JMS application (using Sonic MQ client jars) that writes to the topic

3. Used the Workbench "Event Listener" to verify that my JMS application is successfully writing to the new endpoint (it is). I've also captured the data and run it through a test scenario on my process and verified that it gets written out to disk.

4. Changed my ESB process to use the created endpoint.

5. Used the ESB Deployment Export tool to generate an XAR file

6. Used the ESB Admin tool to generatting a mapping file for by XAR

7. Tweaked the mapping file

8. Applied the map to create a new XAR file

9. Used the ESB Deployment Import tool to import the new XAR file

The problem is that when I run my JMS application, I'm not seeing anything written out to the file system. Is there something weird that has to be done to remap the File Drop location to a better location for a deployed app (better than the location used in the Workbench).?

Thanks

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 13-Jul-2011 01:50

Hi!

Have you checked that you the process is deployed into an ESB-Container?

You should see something like this in the log when you start your ESB-Container:

[ESBService] Deployed process `xxx` initialized: 1 thread(s) listening on Endpoint XXX

You can also check whether the process is deployed or not, in the Domain Manager:

Go to Manage --> Expand the ESB Container, and you should see a list of deployed processes. Processes that are running are green.

Cheers.

Posted by mvellon on 13-Jul-2011 10:40

Lars, thanks for the help. No, it doesn't look like my app has made it into any container. I see it under "configure.ESB Configured Objects.processes" but I don't see it in any container. I guess I'll go back to the deployment guide and figure out what it is I have to do after importing the mapped XAR.

Thanks

Posted by Admin on 13-Jul-2011 10:46

Hi again,

if you just want to try it out as a deployed process, the you can just add it to the ESB-Container (since the process exist in the domain) via the SMC under the Configure pane --> ESB Containers --> ESB Container name --> New.

The process should then start when you restart the container again.

Cheers,

Lars.

This thread is closed