Sonic and HP Openview

Posted by 240029 on 07-Nov-2008 11:03

I was going through the Sonic KB and came across a very interesting KB S3858(kb below). Has anyone tried this. Any suggestions on how this can be done

ID: S3858

Title: "How to monitor the SonicMQ environment from  OpenView ?"

Created: 07/30/2007 Last Modified: 11/13/2007

Goals:  

How to monitor the SonicMQ environment from  OpenView ?

Can I use OpenView or a similar tool to monitor the SonicMQ environment ?

Facts:  

SonicMQ

All Supported Operating Systems

Fixes:  

Starting with SonicMQ 5.0 a JMX monitoring interface was introduced with SonicMQ,

this interface can allow remote monitoring from external tools such as OpenView.

For previous versions like SonicMQ V4, some monitoring is available in the way of a

management API or the command line tools, whose commands can be run from scripts,

details on such configuration can be found in the SonicMQ V4 documentation.

Notes:  

References to Written Documentation:

SonicMQ Configuration and Administration Guide

All Replies

Posted by aedwards on 07-Nov-2008 11:19

Yup, I have a comment as I just tried to Integrate Sonic and Zenoss via JMX. http://www.zenoss.com/

Zenoss supports integration with any JMX compliant product.

What Progress forgets to mention in the article is that Sonic is not JSR-160 compliant.... Which means that No third party tool will integrate with Sonic JMX management out of the box.. I do NOT believe OpenView/SonicJMX integration will work!

I have spoken with tech support and they said it is undetermined when they will have a JMX compliant solution.

This sucks, was really looking forward to the JMX integration.

Posted by Greg Stasko on 15-Nov-2011 12:19

Has anything changed re our support of JSR-160?

Posted by bduncan on 15-Nov-2011 13:52

As of Sonic 8.0 JSR-160 connectors are supported and a JSR-160 compliant Sonic connector is provided.

See Chapter 19 "“Using JSR 160 Compliant Consoles” of the SonicMQ Configuration and Management Guide at: http://documentation.progress.com/output/Sonic/8.5.0/Docs8.5/books/mq_config_manage.pdf

This thread is closed