How to identify the fault resubmit attempt count

Posted by cmspsdn on 04-Dec-2011 18:00

Hi all,

I'm sure I have seen how to identify the resubmit attempt parameter for a fault process, but now that I need to use it I can't find where I saw it.

What I would like to perform within the fault handler process, is to send notification on every n'th resubmit attempt.

Where can I find this counter?

Thanks,

Tony.

All Replies

Posted by hkalluru on 05-Dec-2011 06:03

Hi,

If you are looking for "Number of resubmit attempts" parameter, then you can find that one by following the below steps

1. Create an ESB Process of type Fault Handler

2. In a CBR branch, can you find the "Resubmit" step as one of the branch. Double click on it to navigate to its step page

3. Now you should be able to see the "Number of resubmit attempts" parameter to configure the counter

Please find the attached screenshot for the same

Hope this will help you.

Thanks

Hari

Posted by cmspsdn on 05-Dec-2011 15:19

Hi Hari,

Thanks for replying. Setting 'resubmit attempts' wasn't my problem, it is trying to remember where I could get what resubmit attempt number the process was up to.

Tony.

Posted by hkalluru on 06-Dec-2011 02:44

Hi Tony,

I'm not aware of which header will show the incremental Number of resubmit times is repeated/called.

But i have one sample, where i have implemented a Fault Handler process which increases a retry count in a header property using a JS rules file, and once it has reached a limit the message is rethrown. While the count is below the limit, the message is resubmitted.

I have a JS rule file which fixes the message only when the counter exceeds 5 iterations, the header name is myCounter.

All these can be observed in Tracking Message Viewer by observing the header myCounter for Fix it step in ResubmitHandler (which is a FH Process).

Please find the attached project for the above scenario. And also, screenshot which depicts above.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks

Hari

Posted by cmspsdn on 06-Dec-2011 15:58

Hi Hari,

Creating my own counter is where I was going as well.

I imported your sample into my workbench to have a lokk at how you implemented you counter, but I get an error trying to open either of the 2 esb processes.

org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.FeatureNotFoundException: Feature 'collection' not found. (platform:/resource/ResubmitStepSample/ResubmitHandler1.esbp, 29, 81).

Tony.

This thread is closed