iteration or looping service type

Posted by kmacpher67 on 08-Mar-2012 16:53

Is there are looping or iteration service type?

If not how is this typically handled?

use case:

Order & Line Items, loop through the line items update the inventory system for each item-type == "product" (ignore non-inventory items).

General case;

There is a collection of N-number of eleents, the process needs to call service "X" the N-times one time time for each element to be processed.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 09-Mar-2012 07:22

Hi!

Have you checked out the Split And Join for each service?

http://documentation.progress.com/infocenter/sonic/8.5/index.jsp?topic=/com.sonicsw.doc/sonic_esb_services.html

I have had a scenarion similar to yours before, I used that sevice to solve the problem.

Posted by nivensb on 15-Mar-2012 15:01

Do you have process anything when all the line items have completed? If you are simply processing each line item individually, you could break up each line item into a seperate message and send them to a different process.

7.6 has an example under ESB7.6/samples/Sample.B2RT/SplitXMLonPath.xsl that shows how to use XSL to create a new message.

Posted by kmacpher67 on 26-Mar-2012 10:02

So sonic givers several ways to get this done.

A> CBR

B> JS 4 each

C> JS parallel

D> XSL formatter.

This is very fundemental issue and now seems pretty simple.  Thanks for both the feedback from both guys, I wanted to click helpful for both guys, but the forum only allows 1 response to get points.

This thread is closed