Sonic 7.6 slows down in Epicor 9.04.506b

Posted by gpapamitrou on 01-May-2012 11:00

Hi,

we are a new user of Sonic 7.6 in Epicor 9.04.506b using multi-company. We are having issues with it as it slows down when a large amount of records is reached. We dont know much about Sonic and we are looking for an expert to help us. We think that this might be  adjustments in "tuning" or other area that need to take place in order to make our system more efficient. We are going to compensate for those services as this process is slowing down our ability to execute our supplty and demand needs for our business.

If you are en aexpert and had experience with Sonic, please conact me immediately by email me or calling me at 508-207-2065.

Environment:

Sonic 7.6, Epicor 9.04.506b, Progress 10.1c, Windows 2003 server, 32Gb memory, 16 cores, ~70 Epicor sessions.

Thank you,

George Papamitrou,

Hittite Microwave Corp.

Chelmsford, MA.

All Replies

Posted by Stefan Marquardt on 02-May-2012 01:16

we are a new user of Sonic 7.6 in Epicor 9.04.506b using multi-company. We are having issues with it as it slows down when a large amount of records is reached. We dont know much about Sonic and we are looking for an expert to help us. We think that this might be  adjustments in "tuning" or other area that need to take place in order to make our system more efficient. We are going to compensate for those services as this process is slowing down our ability to execute our supplty and demand needs for our business.

If you are en aexpert and had experience with Sonic, please conact me immediately by email me or calling me at 508-207-2065.

George,

whether i am not an expert and i can't do long distance calls ..

What do you mean with "amount of records"?
Do you mean large amount of messages within Sonic MQ queue? What is large?

BTW:

We noticed a broker bug when using many clients with many messages and selectors. The last one was the problem.
We informed PSC and got a hotfix for 7.6.2.

Maybe this is your problem?

Stefan

This thread is closed