Testing web service from web service explorer

Posted by dnessapkota10 on 16-Apr-2012 23:29

I have sucessfully deployed web services and tested using some scenario but while testing with web service explorer tool it throws unexpected error as,

IWAB0135E An unexpected error has occurred.

404 Not Found

But sometimes it works fine while testing with this tool. I have sonic workbench 8.0.

All container working fine with no error and exception.

What could be the solution?

Thanking you,

Dinesh

All Replies

Posted by wtam on 17-Apr-2012 08:58

404 usually means your client's URL is wrong.  The server receives the request (host/port are right) but cannot find the content by the URL.

Cheers.

Posted by dnessapkota10 on 19-Apr-2012 03:42

Hi William,

My container working fine and works well when I ran with the scenario in .scsvc but while test it using web service explorer tool. It throws the same error. I have sonic workbench 8.0.

IWAB0135E An unexpected error has occurred.
Not Found

Any solution?

Regards,

Dinesh

Posted by Kiran Babu on 20-Apr-2012 06:56

Hi Dinesh,

We tried your use-case, that is we exposed an ESB Process as a Web Service through Sonic Connect. It works fine when we run from Sonic Connect Editor as a scenario and also working fine when we test from the Web Services Explorer.

Are you facing this intermittently? Are you able to invoke any external web services through the Web Services Explorer successfully?

You can intially try invoking your web service through other clients like SOAP UI.  This would confirm if the problem is at the server or client side.

Also, note that the Web Services Explorer is not a tool built by Sonic, it is part of the Eclipse's WTP.

If you can share your web service project, we can probably try out and help you out.

Regards,

Kiran

Posted by dnessapkota10 on 23-Apr-2012 01:28

Hi Kiran,

Please find the attachement,

Thanks,

Dinesh

Posted by vbobba on 23-Apr-2012 06:12

Hi Dinesh,

I have tried simulating the issue on my machine with the project given by you but unsuccessful to get the error you are facing with.

Is there any specific scenario you are running into while you are getting the mentioned error?

If possible please attach the screenshot when you get this error.

Thanks,

Vishnu

Posted by dnessapkota10 on 23-Apr-2012 06:43

Hi Vishnu,

Please find the attachement.

Thank you,

Dinesh

Posted by vbobba on 23-Apr-2012 08:06

Hi Dinesh,

I tried to run the webservice using web services explorer tool and I got fault message (Attached screenshot).

404 error is happening only when I explicitly stop the container and click Go in the explorer. Can you check the status of the container when you face this error?

The fault message is due to the wrong rules defined in CBR_Rules_Employee.cbr.xcbr file where the Part At Index value should have been 1 instead of 0. The 0th part consists of the input message and 1st part contains the employee details.

You can use ESB Process Tracking view to check the flow of the messages in ESBP as well.

This view can be found in Window->Show View->ESB Process Tracking.

Thanks,

Vishnu

Posted by dnessapkota10 on 24-Apr-2012 06:48

Hi Vishnu,

As you said if I changed the Part at index value as 1 instead of 0 then always fault message will be displayed but with value 0 it works well.

When I open workbench and test using web service explorer tool then it works fine. But error will appears if I again upload all the services using sonic > upload all option.

Any solution?

Thanks,

Dinesh

Posted by Kiran Babu on 24-Apr-2012 07:29

Hi Dinesh,

Did you try out invoking the same web service multiple times with SOAP UI?

There could be some caching/timeout issue with the web services exploere. I am not sure though.  OR after doing the upload all -> close and re-launch your web services explorer to make a call to the web service. See if that helps in any way.

Regards,

Kiran

Posted by dnessapkota10 on 26-Apr-2012 01:29

Thanks Kiran for your help.

But it is still not working.

Posted by wtam on 26-Apr-2012 23:16

I got an idea.  In Sonic Connect Editor, replace the host from whatever IP address to "0.0.0.0" (see screenshot) and see if it helps.  Make sure you save your change in SC Editor and Upload your project.

Posted by dnessapkota10 on 30-Apr-2012 05:57

Hi William,

As you said, I had changed address to 0.0.0.0:3580..... but with this address how the web service will be accessed by external client?

Thanks,

Dinesh

Posted by wtam on 30-Apr-2012 09:29

External clients access it the same way.

Posted by dnessapkota10 on 01-May-2012 01:39

Hi William,

When I'l try to access with http://0.0.0.0:3580/WS/getEmployee?wsdl address after changed from wsdl file using some web browser then it will display error as unable to connect, But it works only with web service explorer tool.

And it shows wsdl file in browser when address as http://10.0.1.117:3580/WS/getEmployee?wsdl.

Regards,

Dinesh

Posted by wtam on 01-May-2012 09:52

Dinesh,

You client does NOT access via the  http://0.0.0.0:3580/WS/getEmployee?wsdl (unless your client is running on the same host as Web Service) 0.0.0.0 is basically the localhost address.  Your web service explorer works probably because it is running on the same host as  the Web Service. I mean the client accesses it the same way you had as before which is the 10.0.1.117 or what even you had before.

Posted by ashu3870 on 02-May-2012 00:28

please hel[p how to define schema in process .

Posted by dnessapkota10 on 02-May-2012 02:56

Thanks a lot William. Now it works.

Posted by wtam on 02-May-2012 16:04

I am running 8.5.

See edit-process-parameter-types.png to edit Process's parameter type by referencing an XSD file.

See external-xsd-choices.png.  WorkBench bottom up web service creation wizard offers three choices to handle external schema.  I go with the first choice (import schemas into project).

See resulted-WSDL.png, schema has been imported to the project which is relative to the location of the WSDL.

This thread is closed