ProxyRuntimeException when invoking BrokerProxy.getMetricsDa

Posted by appmath on 30-Jun-2012 21:43

It worked under 7.6. But there are 2 different configurations:

1) I am using 8.5.1 jars with the same code base

2) I trying to get the metrics for a clustered broker (first time we are using a cluster).

Code:

final IMetric[] metrics = broker.getMetricsData(sonicRequestInfo.getMetricIDs(), false).getMetrics();

Exception:

com.sonicsw.mf.mgmtapi.runtime.ProxyRuntimeException

at com.sonicsw.mq.mgmtapi.runtime.impl.BrokerProxy.getMetricsData(BrokerProxy.java:913)

at swing.sonic.monitor.metrics.QMetricBinder.getIMetricList(QMetricBinder.java:56)

at swing.sonic.monitor.metrics.QMetricBinder.createIMetricMap(QMetricBinder.java:74)

at swing.sonic.monitor.metrics.QMetricBinder.createMetricMap(QMetricBinder.java:97)

at swing.sonic.monitor.metrics.QMetricBinder.<init>(QMetricBinder.java:41)

at swing.sonic.monitor.SonicMetricAlertMonitor.<init>(SonicMetricAlertMonitor.java:32)

at swing.sonic.monitor.SonicMonitorLauncher.<init>(SonicMonitorLauncher.java:28)

at swing.sonic.monitor.SonicMonitorLauncher.main(SonicMonitorLauncher.java:51)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)

at com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:120)

Caused by: com.sonicsw.mf.comm.InvokeTimeoutException: Domain1.somecontainer:ID=somebroker - invoke()

at com.sonicsw.mf.comm.jms.ConnectorClient.invoke(ConnectorClient.java:846)

at com.sonicsw.mf.comm.jms.ConnectorClient.invoke(ConnectorClient.java:632)

at com.sonicsw.mf.jmx.client.JMSConnectorClient.invoke(JMSConnectorClient.java:850)

at com.sonicsw.mf.jmx.client.JMSConnectorClient.invoke(JMSConnectorClient.java:807)

at com.sonicsw.mq.mgmtapi.runtime.impl.BrokerProxy.getMetricsData(BrokerProxy.java:911)

... 12 more

Thanks,

Aziz

All Replies

Posted by davidg on 02-Jul-2012 12:14

The underlying timeout exception indicates that there is a connection,  but the destination ("Domain1.somecontainer:ID=somebroker") either was  not listening (either not running or not connected to same mgmt brokers)  or something is hung. I think its likely the former.

Does the SMC show the component "somebroker" in container  "somecontainer" in the domain "Domain1" is running (green)?

- David

Posted by davidg on 02-Jul-2012 12:16

The underlying timeout exception indicates that there is a connection,

but the destination ("Domain1.somecontainer:ID=somebroker") either was

not listening (either not running or not connected to same mgmt brokers)

or something is hung. I think its likely the former.

Does the SMC show the component "somebroker" in container

"somecontainer" in the domain "Domain1" is running (green)?

- David

Posted by appmath on 02-Jul-2012 12:23

Hello David,

Everything was green. I checked the log files and everything was fine.

I also know that the OSB-to-Sonic connection has stuck threads and no messages were processed by Sonic.

Thanks,

David

Posted by davidg on 02-Jul-2012 13:02

then I think you should open a support case and they will help you gather the right informations (mabe copy of DS + ds.xml, logs + thread dumps from Domain1.somecontainer)

Posted by appmath on 02-Jul-2012 14:28

OK, thanks David.

This thread is closed