Web service persistent procedure call.

Posted by Admin on 13-Nov-2007 09:37

Hi there,

I've started reading through the various web services guides and have got quite far with deploying a web service, connecting to it etc. but I've fallen at the final hurdle!

I have successfully deployed the AIA, WSA and the servlet container (servletExec).

My problem is with the calling of my persistent procedure from my client application.

I am using a session-managed web service and so need to send the connection id back and forth with each soap request (this is how I perceive it to work from the manual anyways). What is puzzling me is this;

When I generate my wsdl and deploy the webservice, I have 2 ports I can connect to on the web service. One of these ports, contains the necessary procedure created by proxygen (connect_APPNAME), to connect my web service to the appserver and return the connection id, for future SOAP requests. The other port contains my persistent procedures. How can I use the 2 ports at the same time with my webservice object so that I can succesfully connect the appserver and also run my own persistent procedures via the web service and port object(s)? Sorry if this makes no sense, I'm getting confused here! I can post up sample code if anyone cares to help me out here.

thanks,

Cormac

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 24-Nov-2008 09:00

Problem persists. IOW I didn't find a way to work with persistent procedures, too.

Posted by Admin on 25-Nov-2008 11:01

Well, it somewhat works with two connections, but it's tricky.

This thread is closed