CCS implementation.. no test suite

Posted by David Abdala on 21-Feb-2018 07:33

Hello all,

as there is no CCS forum, I think this is the most appropriate one to post.

I just finished a CCS implementation for our NSRA framework, and started testing it (just tested that everything seems to be working).

My first thought (well.. today) is that it will be very nice, and appealing to developers, to have a testing suite for CCS compliance, as developing test is very annoying, and there is no sense in having to develop the same tests over and over again.

The second thing is that I created several new interfaces, and implemented almost everything of CCS specs, so I was wondering how to share all that code, with CCS group, and public in general.  I'm not trying to make new specs with it, just to share it as a concrete example (which I didn't found any).

As a final thought, I'm lost at how is the CSS architecture supposed to be used from the outside world, as I'm missing how does the "protocol" (any) fits in place. 

Thanks.

David.

Posted by Mike Fechner on 21-Feb-2018 21:24

Hi David,

there is a CCS forum at: community.progress.com/.../208

But I think it's perfectly fine to share this in a wider audience.

I agree it would be nice to have a test suite - along with publicly available test reports available for frameworks committed to the implementation of the CCS specs. Unfortunately we didn't find someone yet with just enough time at hand to implement this.

IMHO the simplest step to go ahead with sharing your code as a sample implementation or an implementation sample would be to open a Github repository and post the code that way. I have posted very basic sample code at github.com/.../CCS_Samples myself.

If you however want to start additional specification projects, please reach out to Peter Judge from Progress (head of the steering committee of the CCS) and propose a new spec project.

Cheers,

Mike

All Replies

Posted by Mike Fechner on 21-Feb-2018 21:24

Hi David,

there is a CCS forum at: community.progress.com/.../208

But I think it's perfectly fine to share this in a wider audience.

I agree it would be nice to have a test suite - along with publicly available test reports available for frameworks committed to the implementation of the CCS specs. Unfortunately we didn't find someone yet with just enough time at hand to implement this.

IMHO the simplest step to go ahead with sharing your code as a sample implementation or an implementation sample would be to open a Github repository and post the code that way. I have posted very basic sample code at github.com/.../CCS_Samples myself.

If you however want to start additional specification projects, please reach out to Peter Judge from Progress (head of the steering committee of the CCS) and propose a new spec project.

Cheers,

Mike

Posted by David Abdala on 22-Feb-2018 04:21

Thanks Mike,

unfortunately that forum is not public, so I can't post to it (actually your link gives me an "Access error").

I can join the group, only by submitting my adherence to the project, etc., etc.

I'll go the GitHub way..

I'm not familiar with it, so as soon as I'm done, I'll let you know.

Once the code is public, let Peter see if he wants to add any of it to CCS.. I don't have the time for the formalities.

Posted by David Abdala on 27-Feb-2018 06:57

Ok, I created the GitHub project: github.com/.../NSRA-CCS

It has all the source code, documented, and a zip with everything requiered to run the tests (rcode for Win7x64, OE 11.6).

I'm really not versed on any of this, so every idea for improvement is wellcome (code, documentation, etc. etc.).

I'm not sure about the licensed I choose. The idea is that the source code can be used by any one that finds it usefull.

Cheers.

David.

This thread is closed