Issue while executing class

Posted by Prashant Chauhan on 23-Jun-2016 21:11

Hi All,

I am trying to execute a class in Openedge Architect and when I am trying to run the class, I am getting error message unable to connect to database (error code 1006). I have checked in Preference and I could see database is connected and also test connection was succeeded.

When I am running query on Procedure editor, I am getting the result; but same its not working for class.

Can someone please help me what could be wrong I am doing. Please let me know if I need to share the sample code.

All Replies

Posted by DivyaTheja on 23-Jun-2016 23:02

Hello Prashant,

Following might be the reasons:

1. There was no Database connection associated in Run Configuration. Associating DB should work.

2. R-code generated doesn't have same database name. Recompiling should work.

Hope this helps,

DivyaTheja

Posted by Prashant Chauhan on 24-Jun-2016 11:17

Thanks a lot Divya for giving helpful pointers, let me check the rcode; i could see from Admin tool it says DB is connected and if i open the procedure edit and run the query i get the output results; but not sure was class was not getting connected.

I will check and let you know if i get any success.

Posted by Prashant Chauhan on 24-Jun-2016 12:35

Thanks Divya for the help; I ws able to figure out the issue; even though I setup DB connection, it was not selected; so I went to Project properties and there DB connection and selected the required DB and it started working fine.

Thanks again for the help.

This thread is closed