What are the steps involved in in creating database in progr

Posted by vithal.kattikar@hgst.com on 03-Jul-2015 05:57

Hi All,

I am trying to create database in the server where progress open edge 11.2 is installed and My backup copy of the database is in 10.1C.

when i tried to restore the backup copy of 10.1C in the server where OE 11.2 is installed with prorest , it is trowing the error.

Please suggest us how we can create database in 11.2 environment. 

All Replies

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 03-Jul-2015 06:01

Use DLC\bin\101dbutils\101a_dbutil to restore the 10.1C db, truncate the BI and then use conv1011.

Although if this is the same configuration as you mentioned here : https://community.progress.com/community_groups/openedge_architecture/f/22/t/18898.aspx you won’t be able to do that, only dump & load.

[collapse]
From: vithal.kattikar@hgst.com [mailto:bounce-vithalkattikarhgstcom@community.progress.com]
Sent: Friday, July 3, 2015 12:57 PM
To: TU.OE.Architecture@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - OE Architecture Cloud and Arcade] What are the steps involved in in creating database in progress Open edge version 11.2 from the backup copy of 10.1C

Thread created by vithal.kattikar@hgst.com

Hi All,

I am trying to create database in the server where progress open edge 11.2 is installed and My backup copy of the database is in 10.1C.

when i tried to restore the backup copy of 10.1C in the server where OE 11.2 is installed with prorest , it is trowing the error.

Please suggest us how we can create database in 11.2 environment. 

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

This thread is closed