Progress OE 11.2 installation and database building in Linux

Posted by vithal.kattikar@hgst.com on 30-Jun-2015 23:32

Hi All,

I am planning to install OE 11.2 version in Linux environment and need to build database present in existing server.

1.Existing database server is on HP-UX. and progress databases are in 10.1C version.

My concerns are

1.So taking the backup of existing database and restore in new Linux server is the best way to build the database or any other possible ways to build the database.

2.What are the new features present in 11.2 version especially in database area , so that we can use them in building the new database.

03.Please share the progress OE installation steps in Linux OS if any one is having.

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 01-Jul-2015 04:39

Ø  1.So taking the backup of existing database and restore in new Linux server is the best way to build the database or any other possible ways to build the database.

I am afraid that you can’t do backup and restore between HP and Linux. You need to dump and load.

All Replies

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 01-Jul-2015 04:39

Ø  1.So taking the backup of existing database and restore in new Linux server is the best way to build the database or any other possible ways to build the database.

I am afraid that you can’t do backup and restore between HP and Linux. You need to dump and load.

This thread is closed