Unable to start Developer Studio in Arcade Showroom 11.4

Posted by ske on 11-Sep-2014 13:20

Hi,

I noticed last week that OpenEdge 11.4 was available in Arcade Showroom to try out. I started up the preinstalled machine for 11.4 and logged in. But once there, I was unable to even start Developer Studio. When I tried, I got a dialog about not being able to lock ".file TableLock", and then nothing started.

This was the dialog:

Invalid Configuration Location

Locking is not possible in the directory "C:\Progress\OpenEdge\oeide\eclipse\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi". A common reason is that the file system or Runtime Environment does not support file locking for that location. Please choose a different location, or disable locking passing -Dosgi.locking=none as a VM argument. "C:\Progress\OpenEdge\oeide\eclipse\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\.manager\.file TableLock" (Access is denied)'.

I noticed that the user Showroom only has read access to that directory, and in the 11.3 preinstalled machine, the same user har "Full control" of the whole C:\Progress\ directory hierarchy. Maybe the install was not done right in the 11.4 machine?

Posted by byarla on 17-Sep-2014 07:46

We have resolved the issue and re-published the image to Showroom. Please delete  the deployment created earlier and re-create a new deployment.

Please do let us know in case of any issues.

Regards,

Bhasvanth

All Replies

Posted by Rob Straight on 17-Sep-2014 06:36

We are looking into this and will update you shortly with status. Thanks for reporting this!

Rob

Posted by byarla on 17-Sep-2014 07:46

We have resolved the issue and re-published the image to Showroom. Please delete  the deployment created earlier and re-create a new deployment.

Please do let us know in case of any issues.

Regards,

Bhasvanth

This thread is closed