Data Access over Amazon machine - Can you access an OE DB o

Posted by seema on 23-Apr-2014 06:15

Can I access database record over Amazon(arcade) machine from local Open Edge  through Data Direct Cloud.

Posted by Bill Wood on 01-May-2014 06:21

Yes.  Many people have done this (though not me).   Some things to note:

1. DataDirect Cloud direct cloud connection requires SSL for your database server.   This can be set up, but you would need to have your own SSL Certificates and configuration.  (Check the Knowledge Base for more on this if you really want to go that route.)

2. Using the DataDirect Cloud On-Premise Connector is a much easier way to go, but you would need to install that on your Arcade machine with your OpenEdge Database.   (You can download this from the DataDirect Cloud site -- Log in, and there is a "Download" link in the lower left of your DDC home screen.

Good luck.

All Replies

Posted by Bill Wood on 01-May-2014 06:21

Yes.  Many people have done this (though not me).   Some things to note:

1. DataDirect Cloud direct cloud connection requires SSL for your database server.   This can be set up, but you would need to have your own SSL Certificates and configuration.  (Check the Knowledge Base for more on this if you really want to go that route.)

2. Using the DataDirect Cloud On-Premise Connector is a much easier way to go, but you would need to install that on your Arcade machine with your OpenEdge Database.   (You can download this from the DataDirect Cloud site -- Log in, and there is a "Download" link in the lower left of your DDC home screen.

Good luck.

This thread is closed