AutoEdge - It's here!

Posted by cstiller on 03-Nov-2006 09:58

Just in case you haven't seen the big announcement: AutoEdge is finally available on PSDN!

http://www.psdn.com/library/kbcategory.jspa?categoryID=298

If you have looked at any of the material or installed it, post a quick note in here. There are several other threads for installation troubles, design discussions, suggestions, feedback in this forum.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 03-Nov-2006 10:55

This looks extremely promising as a reference for us since we're going to be implementing something similar as far as application model goes with our existing product.

Nice work! This kind of material really helps a lot and leverages/shows what Progress can do!

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 03-Nov-2006 11:50

Can you give us some background on this project? How many people worked on it? Who were they? Was any one person the guiding force? Who did all the UML work? How many person months are invested in it? Is the current form pretty much what you started working to produce or did you go through a lot of iterations as you pulled various pieces into shape? Did you learn any big lessons from working on it? (other than the usual one of things being more complicated to do than it seems when you start!) Did the UML models help or was that more of an exercise? Are there any pieces of it that you are particularly proud of or that you would point us to as being particularly interesting? What was particularly hard? Why?

I.e., someone should write "The Making of AutoEdge".

Posted by Mike Ormerod on 06-Nov-2006 12:10

This looks extremely promising as a reference for us

since we're going to be implementing something

similar as far as application model goes with our

existing product.

Nice work! This kind of material really helps a lot

and leverages/shows what Progress can do!

Thanks Mathew. Our aim is to try and help as much as we can, so please keep us informed and come back to ask any questions as you go through your own project.

Posted by Tim Kuehn on 15-Jan-2007 16:35

I've been reviewing the EA-generated html docs, and I'd suggest the following changes:

1) Name change for the theoretical dealership from "bugaboo":

According to answers.com, bugaboo is defined as something that causes fear or worry; bugbear;

The plural form is defined as

1. An object of obsessive, usually exaggerated fear or anxiety: "Boredom, laziness and failure . . . These bugaboos, magnified by imagination, keep running" (Dun's Review).

2. A recurring or persistent problem: "the bugaboos that have plagued vision systems: high price and slow throughput" (Lawrence A. Goshorn).

(http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?s=bugaboo&gwp=13)

2) Spelling correction - "Dealership" instead of "Delaership"

(see autoedge/livedoc/models/EARoot/EA6/EA2/EA1452.htm for the page in question)

Posted by Mike Ormerod on 16-Jan-2007 02:33

I've been reviewing the EA-generated html docs, and

I'd suggest the following changes:

1) Name change for the theoretical dealership from

"bugaboo":

snip...

Well I guess we must have missed some clean up. Bugaboo was our internal project name for what became AutoEdge. The name came from a certain Canadian themed restaurant we ate at when coming up with the idea!!

2) Spelling correction - "Dealership" instead of

"Delaership"

(see

autoedge/livedoc/models/EARoot/EA6/EA2/EA1452.htm for

the page in question)

You know we just leave these small things in to see if people read the stuff It reminds me of the stories of some film credits that slip in non film related text just to see if anyone notices

Posted by Tim Kuehn on 16-Jan-2007 10:15

The name came from a certain Canadian themed restaurant we ate at when coming up with the idea!!

Must've been one interesting restaurant.

This thread is closed