Unable to create deployments in Showroom

Posted by southwell on 06-Dec-2011 09:55

I'm trying to test out Arcade by playing with the Product Showroom, but have had no luck so far in getting it to actually do anything.

I can get to the product showroom page, and I see that there are some published deployments there to lay with.  When I click the "Create" button, I'm prompted to enter a nickname.  I do that and click "Create" again, and the button says "Processing" for a few seconds, then pops up with "Internel [sic] Server Error."

Is the system down?  Or maybe I'm misunderstanding it.  I thought this was where you could go and create a server to demonstrate Openedge in the cloud.

All Replies

Posted by southwell on 06-Dec-2011 09:56

"play with" - not "lay with" - sorry.

Posted by Roy Ellis on 06-Dec-2011 10:11

Hi Steve,

what nickname did you use?  Some special characters can cause problems with deployment creation, like apostrophe ( ' ),  Also, sometimes network errors will also cause the problem you saw.

Please try to create another deployment and let me know what happens.

Thank you, Roy

Posted by southwell on 06-Dec-2011 10:17

I used "SteveTest3" for the Deployment Nickname.  The "Development, Appserver and DB Information" nickname I just tried again, removing the comma in it, but I still get the same problem.

See attached image

Posted by Roy Ellis on 06-Dec-2011 10:40

Yep that should work.  I do see a problem with the creation of SteveTest3.  Can you send me your email address (offline if you wish to ellis@progress.com) and I will see if we can get the deployment for you while I try to figure out the problem.

Thanks, Roy

Posted by southwell on 06-Dec-2011 10:41

No problem - I'm ssouthwell@bravepoint.com

Posted by Roy Ellis on 06-Dec-2011 10:53

Okay, this will sound like a commercial but, can you see SteveTest3 now?

Posted by southwell on 06-Dec-2011 11:03

Nope - unless I'm looking in the wrong place.  See attached screen shot.  Notice that where it says "Welcome", it doesn't have my name in it.  Wonder if that has something to do with it?  I'm definitely logged in.

Posted by Roy Ellis on 06-Dec-2011 11:31

Hi Steve,

you should be able to see your name in the upper, righthand, corner next to the Welcome.  You should also be able to see your deployment now.  I am forwarding this problem on and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks, Roy

Posted by southwell on 06-Dec-2011 22:59

For what it's worth:  Went into my profile and ensured that my user account has my name on it.

Tried all 3 browsers: Firefox, Chrome, IE.  All three have the same problem.

Posted by Roy Ellis on 19-Dec-2011 14:15

Hi Steve,

I have had several groups looking at your account to see if we can get it figured out.  Can you try logging into Showroom again?  Please take note of the time you login and if you can't see your deployment or your name doesn't show in the title bar, please send me the time you logged in so I can look for error messages in the Arcade logs.

Thank you, Roy

This thread is closed