Server back to initial setup

Posted by phummelen@vanmeijel.nl on 22-May-2012 08:28

Hi all,

I've setup a Windows server with OpenEdge 10.2B (incl SP06) with AS and DB.

Afterwards I've installed our own application (Ticon) and all extra needed software (Java, Tomcat)

Then I configured Windows update again.

I stopped the server because of "not used for the coming hours" and started it up again. I got the question wich OE version I wanted, choose the 10.2B again.

Login in to the server all extra installation was gone ....

I do not not for sure why this was happening. Maybe the question for the OE version.

An other option is timing / caching within the browser. I'm using the Chrome browser.

Is anyone who has hints to prevent this type of problem?

Best regards, PJ

All Replies

Posted by Roy Ellis on 22-May-2012 08:34

Hi PieterJan,

when you say you stopped the deployment, how did you do that?

If you stopped it in the RightScale Console, then you are really terminating the instance, which will NOT save your changes and will fall back to the original configuration.  Please notice in RightScale the term is "terminate" which is the same as stop and delete any changes.  The RightScale console does NOT yet have the ability to do a stop, only terminate, but I know they are working on adding the stop option.

If you stopped the deployment in the Arcade console, then the machine is stopped and all changes are saved.  In this case the deployment moves from MY INSTANCES to MY DEPLOYMENTS.  Upon restart you will the machine back just the way you left it.

If you are stopping the instance in Arcade and not seeing the expected behavior please let me know.

Regards,

Roy

Posted by phummelen@vanmeijel.nl on 22-May-2012 08:56

Roy,

Thanks for the answer. On your question where I did the real "stop", I'm not sure anymore where I did ....

I'm switching between the interfaces a lot. And I'm aware of doing the correct things. The different between stop and terminate is now at our side (painfully now .... :-) ....)

I now know I will do the stopping only within the Arcade interface.

It's a bit anoying about all the do's and don'ts ....

Regards, PJ

This thread is closed