creating a LAMP deployment with NS/WS/AS and DB

Posted by cathi.peck@prostarsoftware.com on 31-May-2012 11:39

On my Rightscale dashboard, I see 5 AWS Quick Start Macros in the lower right hand corner. One of these is a LAMP deployment.

When I choose the Design drop-down from the same screen, and then click on Server Templates, I see several published by "Progress Arcade", including one that is "Linux NS/AS/WS and DB".

I would like a deployment that has both LAMP and NS/AS/WS and DB. How can I do this?

thanks

Cathi Peck

All Replies

Posted by Roy Ellis on 01-Jun-2012 05:07

Hi Cathi,

There is no way to "merge" the 2 different machines within the console.  There are 4 ways I can think of to get you what you are looking for.

1) start the NS/AS/WS and DB machine in Arcade and install the LAMP products on it **

2) start the LAMP server and install OpenEdge on it 

3) modify the "boot scripts" of either template to add the scripts to install the wanted product

** if you aren't sure how to install LAMP, look at a LAMP server template, find the scripts that install the products and run these scripts on your already started NS/AS/WS and DB machine.

Let me know if you have any specific problems along the way,

Roy

Posted by cathi.peck@prostarsoftware.com on 07-Jun-2012 13:18

Roy also pointed me to this rightscale faq:

http://support.rightscale.com/03-Tutorials/02-AWS/01-Beginner_Examples/All-In-One_LAMP_Server
which got me part of the way there. The machine showed 'stranded in booting' which I overrode, so there are still some problems, but the machine is up.
I used this faq:

to figure out how to allow access.

This thread is closed