Deleting instance directories on PASOE without the usage of

Posted by Nate Bauer on 25-Oct-2019 23:36

I realize that this is blatantly incorrect method when deleting an instance.However, it appears that when deleting instance directories on PASOE without the usage of "tcman.sh delete {instance}" this leaves a trace of the instance.  The remnant of the instance can be seen by listing the instances that are deployed with the command "tcman.sh instances". This is what's displayed:

How does one remove this entry?

Posted by Mike Fechner on 26-Oct-2019 04:47

The instances are registered in one of the %dlc%\serverrs\pasoe\conf\instances.* files. Depending on your platform.

All Replies

The instances are registered in one of the %dlc%\serverrs\pasoe\conf\instances.* files. Depending on your platform.

Posted by Dileep Dasa on 26-Oct-2019 04:57

Yes, the instance information is stored in %dlc%\serverrs\pasoe\conf\instances.* files and it has to be deleted from there. But this way of deleting an instance is not recommended. Is there any reason why you are not using tcman delete?

Posted by Mike Fechner on 26-Oct-2019 05:02

Why is that not recommended? Because you may change the implementation? Or are there known side-effects?

Posted by Nate Bauer on 27-Oct-2019 22:07

Thanks for the answer Mike!

Dileep, I was testing to see what was left behind when not using the tcman.

Posted by Peter Judge on 27-Oct-2019 22:48

As Mike notes, they'll linger in the instances file, which may cause you trouble later if you try to create another instance with the same alias (name).

You can manually clean those up, of course, but is there a reason why you don't want to use tcman/pasman? Or were you just investigating?
-- peter

Posted by Nate Bauer on 27-Oct-2019 23:37

Hi Peter, I fully intend to use pasman and tcman. I was doing a little investigation.

This thread is closed