Error using TCMAN service register (Windows)

Posted by christian.bryan@capita.co.uk on 03-Apr-2019 08:38

HI All 

Anyone seen the below before?

Error using TCMAN command - See attached screen shots

The first PAS instance you register as a windows service with TCMAN works correctly however subsequent instances fail with error.

Command Line service-name <instancename> does not match configuration <firstregisteredinstancename>

The above issue is with 11.7.4.010 so the latest hotfix as well, this worked fine in 11.6 and earlier 11.7's .

Thanks

Posted by christian.bryan@capita.co.uk on 03-Apr-2019 10:54

It turns out the issue was with our TCMAN script which was being called from the DLC\Servers\Pasoe\bin folder to do the registration instead of the Instance\bin\ location.

This didn't seem to be an issue in 11.7.2 but is in 11.7.4.

It looks like you should only use the template DLC\Servers\Pasoe\bin\tcman for a Create or Delete.

Posted by christian.bryan@capita.co.uk on 03-Apr-2019 15:16

The issue was i was using the DLC\servers\pasoe\bin\tcman and not the PAS instance TCMAN

In 11.7.4. it looks like you need to use the PAS instance TCMAN for registration.

From what i understand now you should only use the TCMAN in dlc\servers\pasoes\bin for CREATE and DELETE of instances.

All Replies

Posted by pwokke on 03-Apr-2019 09:00

Hi Christian,

Did you specify free port numbers for the -p -P -s -j parameters.

Peter.

Posted by christian.bryan@capita.co.uk on 03-Apr-2019 10:54

It turns out the issue was with our TCMAN script which was being called from the DLC\Servers\Pasoe\bin folder to do the registration instead of the Instance\bin\ location.

This didn't seem to be an issue in 11.7.2 but is in 11.7.4.

It looks like you should only use the template DLC\Servers\Pasoe\bin\tcman for a Create or Delete.

Posted by christian.bryan@capita.co.uk on 03-Apr-2019 15:16

The issue was i was using the DLC\servers\pasoe\bin\tcman and not the PAS instance TCMAN

In 11.7.4. it looks like you need to use the PAS instance TCMAN for registration.

From what i understand now you should only use the TCMAN in dlc\servers\pasoes\bin for CREATE and DELETE of instances.

Posted by christian.bryan@capita.co.uk on 03-Apr-2019 15:17

Posted by pwokke on 03-Apr-2019 15:48

%DLC%\servers\pasoe\bin\tcman create -f -p 8820 -P 8821 -s 8822 -j 8823 C:\OpenEdge\WRK\oepas2

Posted by David Cleary on 03-Apr-2019 17:38

There is an issue with service registration when using the -I command to specify a specific instance. You should use the tcman script out of the instance itself. That will ensure $CATALINA_BASE is set properly when doing the registration.

You can use tcman in $CATALINA_HOME, or pasman with the -I parameter to use most commands that operate on an instance.

Dave

This thread is closed