OpenEdge Explorer REST API

Posted by danielb on 07-Dec-2018 00:39

Hi,

Is it possible to access the information from OpenEdge Explorer (AppServer connection ifnormation/status, agent pool lists, etc) via an API, rather than trying to screenscrape? We are still on Classic AppServer and WebSpeed, we haven't yet moved to PASOE.

I recall something about this being presented during a conference - knowing our luck it's only on PASOE.

Cheers,

Daniel B.

Posted by Matt Baker on 07-Dec-2018 12:28

Some of it is available.  It isn't documented publicly though.  But quite a bit of OEM/OEE functionality is available through a REST API.  

Start here:

http://localhost:9090/oem/api

PM me if you want details on any particular item listed there.

All Replies

Posted by bronco on 07-Dec-2018 07:52

Well, there is no API for that on the classic AppServer AFAIK. The only thing I can come up with is write a .p which runs asbman, parse the result and pass that back to the client. If you "sneak preview" the output of PASOE you may format your output like the PASOE JSON you have something portable as well (at least that's the theory).

Posted by Matt Baker on 07-Dec-2018 12:28

Some of it is available.  It isn't documented publicly though.  But quite a bit of OEM/OEE functionality is available through a REST API.  

Start here:

http://localhost:9090/oem/api

PM me if you want details on any particular item listed there.

Posted by Matt Baker on 07-Dec-2018 12:32

For PASOE, there is a full JMX, and a full REST API, fully documented accessible through the /oemanager web application.

Posted by Tim Hutchens on 07-Dec-2018 12:46

11.7.4 includes a Swagger UI set of docs to explore and test the REST API for PASOE on your own server. I'm not sure, but I think you would have access to this API even if you just migrated your Webspeed projects to a PASOE Web-type project (as opposed to converting them to REST services). You may want to look at upgrading for this and a number of other reasons. We have had our problems during the migration, but feel that it has been worth it for a number of reasons.

Posted by Peter Judge on 07-Dec-2018 14:08

I think you will end up with Bronco’s approach– the REST API was a deliberate (conscious) addition to the PASOE server.

Posted by danielb on 09-Dec-2018 02:17

Thanks [mention:89fc5d694d9c44e28801ce6a5d07a449:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05] - that's exactly what we are after. That will hold us over until we can move to PASOE (which unfortunately for us, also involves a move from 32- to 64-bit).

This thread is closed