Error using OE Explorer Data Administration - Enable Multi-t

Posted by christian.bryan@capita.co.uk on 05-Jul-2018 08:25

Hi All 

I have created a multi-tenanted DB with TYPE II storage areas one for data and one for index.

When i manage the DB in the OE Explorer DB admin area and use the Enable Multi-tenancy for Tables option i get the following error:

Attached is the ST and the DF for the database.

Thanks

Christian.

Posted by christian.bryan@capita.co.uk on 05-Jul-2018 10:10

Progress support resolved this for me:

Hi Christian,

The reported  issue seems to be a known issue mentioned in KB 000042621.

000042621,OpenEdge Explorer cannot complete multitenancy enabling of table and no warning or error is given why the enablement does not succeed when any portion of the table (such as a lob or clob field) is in Type I area.

knowledgebase.progress.com/.../000042621

You have to move the blob / clob data to a Type II area.

The article is somewhat old and needs to be updated which I will do. If you have any additional questions regarding this case then please let me know.

Thanks,

Waqas

Posted by christian.bryan@capita.co.uk on 05-Jul-2018 10:11

Progress Support sorted this:

Hi Christian,

000042621,OpenEdge Explorer cannot complete multitenancy enabling of table and no warning or error is given why the enablement does not succeed when any portion of the table (such as a lob or clob field) is in Type I area.

The article is somewhat old and needs to be updated which I will do. If you have any additional questions regarding this case then please let me know.

Thanks,

Waqas

Posted by christian.bryan@capita.co.uk on 05-Jul-2018 10:12

Hi Christian,

Thanks,

Waqas

Posted by christian.bryan@capita.co.uk on 05-Jul-2018 08:26

Hi Christian,

The reported issue seems to be a known issue mentioned in KB 000042621.

https://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/000042621

Thanks,
Waqas

All Replies

Posted by christian.bryan@capita.co.uk on 05-Jul-2018 08:26

Hi Christian,

The reported issue seems to be a known issue mentioned in KB 000042621.

https://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/000042621

Thanks,
Waqas

Posted by christian.bryan@capita.co.uk on 05-Jul-2018 10:10

Progress support resolved this for me:

Hi Christian,

Thanks,

Waqas

Posted by christian.bryan@capita.co.uk on 05-Jul-2018 10:11

Hi Christian,

Thanks,

Waqas

Posted by christian.bryan@capita.co.uk on 05-Jul-2018 10:12

Hi Christian,

Thanks,

Waqas

Posted by gus bjorklund on 12-Jun-2019 14:58

Indexes have to be in type ii data areas too. These days, with or without partitioning, except for the schema tables, NOTHING should be in type i data areas. tables and indexes should be in separate areas.

Note that the areas housing the partitioned table segments and indexes must have enough storage allocated or available for expansion to accomodate each new tenant.

This thread is closed