OpenEdge 11.7.3

Posted by Mike Fechner on 16-May-2018 10:57

https://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Product_Alert/Product-Alert-OpenEdge-Service-Pack-11-7-3-on-hold?q=000089226&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

So do I get this right ... two developer studio issues impacting a miniority of developers on Windows only and a WebSpeed issue are enough to revoke Service Pack 3 of OpenEdge 11.7 for all platforms? Seems a bit harsh.

Are there other issues with 11.7.3? Those that have already installed 11.7.3 might need to know.

Posted by Rob Straight on 16-May-2018 11:44

We deemed these issues, while isolated to Developer Studio and CGI/WebSpeed, to be more than annoyances. This was a judgment call, but if the expected issues were likely to impact many customers, and if the solution/workarounds were not obvious, this was clearly not a good situation. We have solutions for all 3 issues, and are testing now. The expectation is that 11.7.3 will be back and available by the end of this week, if not sooner.

We will also be doing a retrospective on our 11.7.3 release process to determine what we missed, and how we can avoid this situation in future releases.

We are of course very sorry for the inconvenience.

    Rob Straight

    Director, OpenEdge Product Management

All Replies

Posted by Rob Straight on 16-May-2018 11:44

We deemed these issues, while isolated to Developer Studio and CGI/WebSpeed, to be more than annoyances. This was a judgment call, but if the expected issues were likely to impact many customers, and if the solution/workarounds were not obvious, this was clearly not a good situation. We have solutions for all 3 issues, and are testing now. The expectation is that 11.7.3 will be back and available by the end of this week, if not sooner.

We will also be doing a retrospective on our 11.7.3 release process to determine what we missed, and how we can avoid this situation in future releases.

We are of course very sorry for the inconvenience.

    Rob Straight

    Director, OpenEdge Product Management

Posted by Mike Fechner on 16-May-2018 15:14

Thanks Rob!