Change from Workgroup to Enterprise

Posted by James Palmer on 08-Jan-2018 09:40

OE 10.2B08

Changing from Workgroup to Enterprise, I presume that's just a case of applying the new .cfg file from a dummy install to the relevant location on the server? Is there anything else needed?

We will reboot anyway, but anything else I need to do before a reboot, or will that do it? 

Seems a very basic question, just not a task I've undertaken before. 

All Replies

Posted by gdb390 on 08-Jan-2018 09:45
Posted by James Palmer on 08-Jan-2018 09:48

Thanks Gerd. That's even simpler.

Posted by Rob Fitzpatrick on 08-Jan-2018 09:49

Once you're done with the installation, it's an opportunity to add Enterprise-only features:

- enable large file support

- add background processes (AIW/BIW/APW) to database startup

Posted by Brian Bowman on 08-Jan-2018 09:50

Depending on what you have in the *.cfg you can download the new cfg from the Customer Self Service Portal instead of having to do the actual install somewhere else and pulling the cfg.  This is easier…

Brian

Posted by James Palmer on 08-Jan-2018 09:55

Thanks Rob. That's the motivation behind the upgrade. Large file support less so, but yes good opportunity to enable it. The APW is the process I'm most interested in though. Very frequent checkpointing with many buffers flushed, even with a very small checkpoint interval does not make for a pleasant working environment for the users.

Posted by Rob Fitzpatrick on 08-Jan-2018 10:11

You'll probably also want to take the opportunity to revisit other transaction-related settings:

- BI cluster size

- AI and BI block size

- AI and BI buffers

Posted by James Palmer on 08-Jan-2018 10:39

The BI ones will be reviewed. The AI ones won't until we enable AI. Yes. I know.

Posted by gus bjorklund on 08-Jan-2018 14:26

James, James, James !

Ya just gotta do After-Image Journalling.

Do it first.

Posted by James Palmer on 08-Jan-2018 15:14

We can have a good chat about it in Dublin Gus! It's not my decision to make, as ludicrous as that sounds.

Sent from Nine

This thread is closed